Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Covid + patients....looks like Round 2 has started here

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
As of yesterday, we have one complete floor of Covid + patients, and more will come....not ICU, but regular medical surgical, not requiring intensive / critical care. What is troublesome, is that during round 1, the Covid Pts were completely separate from all the others. Now they mixed Covid with Non-covid....same floor just different rooms. we have portable computers....so I would grab one and sit away from the other nurses and doctors.

Environmental workers...those that clean the rooms, they go in and out of each room....usually they reserve the Covid rooms for the end of the day. this was not how it were done during the first round. everything was separate.

Lastly, i worked a Postop floor over the weekend. one of my patients 27yr old Pretty Lady, an ICU nurse from another facility. Auto accident. hit a pole. Both hips fractured. rib fractures, seems since the first round, she has not done well mentally. the deaths, the environment, the lack of protective equipment. she turned to alcohol and has been severely depressed. the Psyche notes state since the population for Covid Patients has increased....she has become that much more challenged. Unfortunately, this is not a unique story. I had school teachers, a Police and others express the same sentiment and are struggling.

I am not sure how it has affected me . I stay away from my daughters. I last seen my girls, Fathers Day, this past June. before this, i saw them in February or early March. my last 2wk paycheck i clocked 180 hours...so 90hrs per week, i try to stay busy. as you can imagine well over $200k in salary for the year with 3 months to go.....but at what cost.

Your President has not taken this seriously.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What do you expect the Pres to do, lock down the whole country again? That's leading to more mental health issues, more alcohol issues, more domestic abuse issues, bankruptcy, etc.... I'm sure Cuomo has the answer.
PPE supply chain has caught up and is in excess. Number of overall deaths per infection is down, ICU is down per infected, it's a virus, it doesn't go away.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I know 3 RN's. All 3 say if it wasn't for people showing up with the flu, all these beds wouldn't be filled. Once they get diagnosed they and people like 2ez eat it up playing both the hero and victim. Look man, you are a RN. Have some dignity and some professionalism.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
I know 3 RN's. All 3 say if it wasn't for people showing up with the flu, all these beds wouldn't be filled. Once they get diagnosed they and people like 2ez eat it up playing both the hero and victim. Look man, you are a RN. Have some dignity and some professionalism.

Have some dignity and professionalism ? I am playing hero and victim ?

Listen Slick, Dayum the dignity and so called professionalism, people are dying. I will be the first to say I was not prepared for this. this was a career change. going on 7yrs as a RN. I did not think I will be carrying 5, 6 7 bodies to a refridgerated truck. Not sure what kind of training could have prepared me to see multiple deaths per day....patients, friends and family gone. I went thru this with 9/11 as a Trader in NY. Friends and colleagues calling me on the phone and hearing loud noises and screaming in the back.....not sure what happened, then hearing the building collapsed. walking home covered in soot. Professionalism.....Dignity....maybe I missed this in my lectures......

I am a Punk....dont give a dayum.

many cases now are incidental. Man came in with cellulitis on his leg, and test positive. another Man positive, no symptoms, goes to Florida for an event. symptoms worsen, then appears in the ER...never telling his friends and family he test positive.....and I repeat...fly to Florida from NY on an airplane. ...irresponsible and careless. sorry to judge, but come on.

The title Hero is thrown around.....I have yet met a Nurse that consider themselves a Hero. I will give my all to help another, be it as a Nurse or in the Financial Industry or just being the person that I am. But to start a day, knowing that there will be a patient or 3 not alive by the end of the shift, or that the World Trace Center would be targeted and collapse......for me is a bit to handle. maybe the Hospice area in the hospital is better equipped.

My comment regarding the president stems from my patients....on supplemental oxygen.....nasal canula, venti mask, Non-rebreather, hearing the President dismiss this as not a big deal.

Last edited:

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Many friends dead...and I am suppose to maintain my dignity and professionalism......Wow

Mindboggling.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
What do you expect the Pres to do, lock down the whole country again? That's leading to more mental health issues, more alcohol issues, more domestic abuse issues, bankruptcy, etc.... I'm sure Cuomo has the answer.
PPE supply chain has caught up and is in excess. Number of overall deaths per infection is down, ICU is down per infected, it's a virus, it doesn't go away.

LK,

PPE is far from being in excess in my area. what do I expect the Prez to do ? I stopped expecting anything from this President. I want people to do all they can to protect themselves, their love ones and all around them. I want the news to give the whole picture and less about the deaths. Provide more useful information to help this cause.

Trust me when i tell you I do not need anyone to educate me on the mental health issues......trust me on this.

My apologies to anyone that may have been offended here. it was not my intent to start a debate, argument or whatever. Just my thoughts Off Topic.

Stay Safe Knuckleheads...Love You Cats.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
LK,

PPE is far from being in excess in my area. what do I expect the Prez to do ? I stopped expecting anything from this President. I want people to do all they can to protect themselves, their love ones and all around them. I want the news to give the whole picture and less about the deaths. Provide more useful information to help this cause.

Trust me when i tell you I do not need anyone to educate me on the mental health issues......trust me on this.

My apologies to anyone that may have been offended here. it was not my intent to start a debate, argument or whatever. Just my thoughts Off Topic.

Stay Safe Knuckleheads...Love You Cats.

My brother works medical and says the same thing. Main thing is to take precautions; something most are already doing. Although some may be just carriers, you can wipe out the unhealthy if you don’t take necessary precautions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Is this new round a product of the changing seasons? Do you expect more as winter settles in?

be safe.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Unless I’m missing something, he’s your president too, buddy.

One thing I’ve learned about having ptsd is you can’t play the victim and get better. Gotta face it, acknowledge it, find healthy ways to cope, and then drive the fuck on and be as happy as you can be.

I have two friends that are RNs and do travel nursing, and they’ve told me some stories that are nearly the opposite of your situation. Whole blocked off floors of hospitals in preparation but never needed. Boxes upon boxes of supplies that weren’t needed, including ventilators and N95 masks. The scaremongers out there have made some hospitals greedy and selfish with their supplies, which leaves others (apparently yours) without enough.

Thanks again for your nursing service, it is needed and appreciated.

Hey Jin, are we still waiting on the exponential deaths to hit? I think we should have like 10mil dead at this point right?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Depends on the area and the demographics @SAD . Where @2ez is working, the co-morbidity is the real killer. I'm not offended at your post at all bro, you are seeing it first hand but how many are smokers, how many with diabetes, how many with COPD, that's all I'm saying. We are seeing the death rates fall amongst moderately health people and the health ones that die are the anomaly that need to be figures out.
My wife is an RN, she wears double PPE when she sees patients due to being a severe asthmatic. It sucks, but it needs to be done.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
@2ez stated in another thread he is isolated from family and friends, he even rides his bike at night. Small world you have there bud. Billions of people are going about (or trying to) their lives.

I get it, all you see is COVID at work, you go nowhere and do nothing else. That is your job.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
When the death toll hits 1% of the population.........................

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic