Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Couple snatch questions

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
I've always sucked at snatch and cleans but am lacking in explosiveness and think I need them in my training. Couple technique questions:

When snatching, do you bend your arms at all as you bring the bar up, or do you keep the straight?

Does the bar come into contact with the thigh? It kinda looks like folks bang the bar with the upper thigh on the way up and a guy I asked said yes, you hit the bar with your upper thigh in both the snatch and the clean.

I've always avoided the snatch and clean for fear of learning bad form and since I suck at them.

Any good places to learn technique? Ive used YouTube as my only coach so far, I may be able to get some one on one training but the guy I'd ask for help is not always around and I haven't seen him in a few weeks.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
the easy way to find the perfect answer is too go too Bodybuilding .com or you can google it

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Bodybuilding.com has some great exercise videos! Thanks.

One thing I have put together is maybe training the snatch and clean is sections and slowly building towards a full snatch or clean. This would also build a great well rounded athlete. Start with hang snatch and overhead squats. Hang clean and front squats, and work towards putting them together, while also correcting any imbalances, weaknesses, or flexibility issues. I'm gonna start with hang cleans, front squat, hang snatch, overhead squats, clean pull and snatch pull. Add in deadlifts and back squats, your set.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic