Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Coronavirus - how do you train?

J

JohnD84

Apr 21, 2020
We missed the first round of gym openings here in Fla. They made it sound like they were going to open then didn't :mad:

I've been working out at the house but I have enough to do what I need to. There are a few guys here with some decent home gyms.

The government gave an idea of wearing masks if the gym will open. How can you train with a mask? That is insane...

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The government gave an idea of wearing masks if the gym will open. How can you train with a mask? That is insane...
Fvck, I would do it. I can work out from home but I much prefer the gym. Two of the gyms I go to are 24hrs. No better place to be than an empty gym at 3am :)

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have several excuses not to workout, so I don't care when gyms open back up. Screw gym owners and their bills. Its all about me.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I am training at home in my halfway decent home gym and getting mostly normal amounts of training done during the week. My coach is doing all my programming so I'm still making progress.

If I told you what we do on Saturdays I'd have to kill all of you to keep it secret . . .

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
If I told you what we do on Saturdays I'd have to kill all of you to keep it secret . . .

Woodless, what it is, mang?....Do tell, please!...Death is a stepping stone!....Let us have it!...

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
I can workout @home - barbell w/weights, bench, dumbbells, kettlebell - for cardio I have my rebounder & stationary bike (really don't bike outdoors anymore since I don't live close enough to a safe bike route with the last move) plus a library of hip hop dance/bellydance & strength vids (Cathe Friedrich is a fav) -- I don't use my bands or step that much unless w/ a vid, but I use a stability ball for ab work. I've been to my girlfriend's apartment complex tiny gym room for a lat press just a couple of times but I miss the gym, especially the leg press -- and when I go back I'll wear my gloves as always but I won't be wearing a mask. I have more chance of catching pneumonia in my state; I'm not living in fear. I'll take precautions when it reopens, keep sanitizer with me & towel, wash my gloves (switch between pairs) but I don't expect sickly people at the gym and if we're all asymptomatic then --- we'll just build herd immunity while we build muscle fibers.

Last edited:
R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
I work out at home with powerblock dumbbells and an adjustable bench. I Do a lot more jogging/walking lately too. That’s about it.

Gym’s here aren’t opening anytime soon.
Same here

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
In my garage gym, thank god. I have just about everything I need.

Still miss going to the gym though, but it could be much worse...

J

JohnD84

Apr 21, 2020
Fvck, I would do it. I can work out from home but I much prefer the gym. Two of the gyms I go to are 24hrs. No better place to be than an empty gym at 3am :)

For sure :)

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
I have a bunch of bands from EliteFTS. So those, a door anchor, bodyweight stuff, doorway pullup bar, other random things like a wooden dowel to do RDLs with the bands for example. It's not been ideal, but it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated. The first 2-3 weeks were kind of rough until I figured out more what I could do with what I have available to me.

Will be stepping up the home gym plans now though.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I train on the gym owner's schedule. I am not complaining but this is riding and driving season here. I'll do bicycle and body weight/ bands at home early before I enjoy my toys, hit body parts I cannot stimulate at home on gym days.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_2913_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_2913_LI.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 198
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic