Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Is this right?...Molecular Biologist/Medial Researcher claiming this is all a sham....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I wonder how many had 2 or more underlying conditions.

According to one of the "experts", 98%...Now we have one claiming it's all a sham to begin with?....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
WoodsWise/Mike_RN,

Does this look promising?....Clamming that the Y arms are shorter, thereby being more effective as an anti-body against CV?...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/06/science/llama-coronavirus-antibodies.html

Promising??? It is definitely interesting, though I don't see it as promising. As practical application for helping humans fight the virus, this will probably not be very helpful in the short term. The knowledge here will be helpful, if at all, only after a lot of scientific advances come first. For example, if they could genetically engineer humans to produce the smaller antibodies, that would be something!

For me, I vote for getting the shark DNA cause I'd rather be a shark than a llama! Haha!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Is this right?...Molecular Biologist/Medial Researcher claiming this is all a sham....

I think Mike_RN, based on his first hand experience, will be able to say whether it is all a sham, and I'll always believe someone with first hand knowledge and the qualifications to understand what he observed, before I will believe some talking head advocating conspiracy theories.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Promising??? It is definitely interesting, though I don't see it as promising. As practical application for helping humans fight the virus, this will probably not be very helpful in the short term. The knowledge here will be helpful, if at all, only after a lot of scientific advances come first. For example, if they could genetically engineer humans to produce the smaller antibodies, that would be something!

So we can't harvest from the llama or it won't work genetically?....Also, are u confirming that the smaller Y will actually go in where the virus is hiding and kill it?.....

For me, I vote for getting the shark DNA cause I'd rather be a shark than a llama! Haha!

Aren't you a lawyer?....

BWAhahahahahhahahahahhahahaahah!!!!!!,,,,J/K my iron bro!!!!!...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I think Mike_RN, based on his first hand experience, will be able to say whether it is all a sham, and I'll always believe someone with first hand knowledge and the qualifications to understand what he observed, before I will believe some talking head advocating conspiracy theories.

Were u able to view it?...

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
So we can't harvest from the llama or it won't work genetically?....Also, are u confirming that the smaller Y will actually go in where the virus is hiding and kill it?.....
Aren't you a lawyer?....
BWAhahahahahhahahahahhahahaahah!!!!!!,,,,J/K my iron bro!!!!!....

I don't know enough to give a good answer. But based on what I know, there is no way to "harvest" antibodies from a Llama and use them to fight an illness in a human.

The article said the smaller antibodies (with smaller Y's) fit into tighter spaces on these types of viruses, and therefore are better able to attack the whole class viruses.

Yes, I am an attorney, though anyone who knows me, realizes I am not predatory at all.....

But good attorney jokes are always appreciated.....

Did you hear the one about: what's the difference between a dead snake in the road and a dead attorney???? Skid marks before the snake..... hahaha!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . But good attorney jokes are always appreciated.....

Pretty sure everyone's heard of Dewey, Cheetum & Howe, but the husband/wife team of Dover & Dover is less well known.
(he's Ben, she's Eileen)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I've only ever used a Llama when waiting in line for limited edition beers, like when it was 2 PP, would bring 2 Llama's with me so I could get 6 of them, feel me @BovaJP ??

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Is that exactly how you used the Llamas?

I thought @trentracks and Cuddles was a little ........ different.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic