Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I keep reading accounts of young healthy people catching this and dying. This is definitely not like the flu. And if it continues to spread exponentially it is going to be real bad.

Social distancing may slow the spread, but unless we do it for a couple of months or longer, until the rate of new infections drops dramatially -- to the point we can start identifying all new cases with testing -- it will just go back to exponential growth when the social distancing ends.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I keep reading accounts of young healthy people catching this and dying. This is definitely not like the flu. And if it continues to spread exponentially it is going to be real bad.

Social distancing may slow the spread, but unless we do it for a couple of months or longer, until the rate of new infections drops dramatially -- to the point we can start identifying all new cases with testing -- it will just go back to exponential growth when the social distancing ends.

Yep. We all can't stay locked in our houses for infinity.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
It’s going to change the way the world does business. Also thin the heard a lot.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Hoarding, though widely criticized, will have proven to be the key when only cockroaches, a few of us, and Keith Richards are left. I am down to several years' worth of pins and Test U, a few cans of Spam, and 2 rolls of toiling paper, so I'm good. I am low on alcohol swabs, but I'm counting on the bacteria to eat the Virus.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Two Experimental drugs being used tin clinical trials to combat the virus are: Remdesivir and Sarilumab.

One of my patients refused to enter into the testing. he is on 15L Non-rebreather. his next step is Hiflo before intubation. I asked him why he is refusing, he replied the side effects are to scary. I do not know what he were told regarding the side effect. but when he removes his oxygen...his Oxygen drops to high 70's quickly. Age 42, active guy.

1 Covid patient died while being transported to dialysis. he was dead upon arrival. I have two more patients on the floor,....very likely one of the two will be gone by the time i return to work tomorrow.

Very confusing Virus. two coworkers are positive. one quaratined at home. the other in ICU intubated. both in their early 30's, fit, no serious nor cronic medical history. There is an older woman in her 80's with multiple co-morbidities and a late 20yr old male on the floor. the younger male is on hiflo....the older woman is on 2L nasal cannula as needed...not continuous.

Attachments

• 20200403_160830.jpg
    20200403_160830.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 210

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Homemade face shields

Attachments

• 20200402_084328.jpg
    20200402_084328.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 193

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Refrigerated truck

Attachments

• 20200331_215009.jpg
    20200331_215009.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 208
SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
I came home yesterday... my wife had developed a cough, and temp of 100.. I was so pissed, i just started locking everything down.. we already do the multi, extra a,d,c,e, bcomplex... i put her on 2x day of that shit.. started a 5 day of amoxicilian 500mg/3x day.. ... she woke this morning like it was all a new day and nothing was wrong.. I was so pissed... scary

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hey, if you need toilet paper and can't find any in your city, get online and search "commercial toil paper suppliers." I just bought a case of 2 ply, 400 sheets per roll for $34. There are 96 rolls in a case. Shipping is extra but it is still much cheaper than the grocery store and available. We will have enough to last to next year.

I have been unable to find any here for 5 weeks now. I am honestly tired of going store to store and seeing empty shelves.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
My hospital wont even give out N95 to any essential staff and actually has told many not to wear them if they have them. PAPR's are scarce and are in the ER and ICU, and sparingly dispersed to other floors now with COVID patients. My department is actually in front of the so-called "Frontline" and all we have to protect us is safety glasses and the masks that they give to visitors and patients. Its very frustrating. My ex works for the VA and they were taking volunteers to go to New Orleans and NYC. She just told me they are having to make decisions based upon age if they will even do CPR on COVID patients. It's insane we even are having to make decisions like these in our country.

My state has yet to implement the "Shelter In" order. Fear is looting and mass anarchy. The problem is we have had the "Stay In" order in place for 3 weeks now and with the weather getting nicer, ass clowns are coming out like its no big deal and congregating. We also are having issues with the teens and twenty something crowd renting motel rooms and having "COVID" parties due to the fact all bars are shut down. Many are still not taking this seriously. It's ridiculous.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You cannot make 8 billion people stay inside and do nothing for an extended time.

We’re teetering on the precipice of something terrible. Either we lose our freedoms completely and become North Korea, Big Brother, etc, or enough people lose their patience and we have anarchy and a form of civil war.

Money compounds this multiple times.

I hope we don’t melt down as a country, but I also hope we don’t lose most of our freedoms no matter how temporary.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic