Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds.

Every day 365 days a year.

152 million people in the US have died since I was born. What about them? Stop the world?

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Not to shut down the whole world, no.

The whole world will lose at least 30M and possibly well over 50M

So far Brazil and Sweden haven’t implemented any non pharmaceutical interventions (ie lockdown, social distancing) everything is open for businesss.

When all is said and done we can compare results. Won’t be anytime soon.

Buckle up buttercup. We’re in for a hellacious 2 months.

Stay safe

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010

So far Brazil and Sweden haven’t implemented any non pharmaceutical interventions (ie lockdown, social distancing) everything is open for businesss.

Stay safe
Will or would? 30M? That's a hard number to come up with based on the past 3 months of data.

Reactions: CFM
DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
FEMA just requested 100K body bags from the pentagon if that makes anyone feel warm and fuzzy.

I know 5 people who have or had it. 1 is over it. The other 4 are in the thick of it now and it sounds nasty. Thankfully I haven't been anywhere near any of them.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I know a health care worker that tested positive a few days ago... said it feels like a very bad flu... sleeping, sweating, and monitoring his oxygen levels is all he is doing.
He also said the same thing Mike RN said... do not go to the hospital to get tested unless you are very sick.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
No one wakes up and says "I want to be old today". Most people with cancer did nothing to deserve such a horrible disease. Asthma is another disease most people cannot help having. These people are going to dominate the statistics of deaths, should they contract COVID-2 ( SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus that causes the COVID-19 disease according my test and the MD who spoke to me).

Drunks, fats, druggies, chronic smokers and generally unhealthy people, unhealthy due to choices they make day in and day out are at a higher mortality rate anyway. Therefore, we're talking about a moderate percentage of, not only deaths as the result of C-19 FURTHER COMPLICATING THEIR CONDITION(S), but the general population of America.

And BTW, supposedly a 104 year beat it...:)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds.

Every day 365 days a year.

152 million people in the US have died since I was born. What about them? Stop the world?

Those didn't happen during election time, prolly!...OOPs!...o_Oo_O:oops::eek::D

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
24 people expired today

Thermometers are out. we are using the sticky things that are placed on the forehead.

Not enough cardiac monitors nor vital machines.

Finally found a n95 mask i can wear for 12hrs+...made by Kimberly Clark.....duck bill looking mask.

Coworkers husband passed from the virus last night.

my hospital is paying traveling nurses.....$100/hour

coworkers are more fatigue. the initial ratio limit was one Nurse per 3 Covid Patients max. this was approx 3wks ago. today we are caring for 6 to 7 covid patients. not hard to find a healthcare provider....ie…..Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist....emotional with tears

1 died on my floor today. Another was placed on Comfort Care. No guest visitors at this time....exceptions are made for those with very little time to live. 2 family members at a time is what management are saying.

Patients do not realize how sick they are. taking non-rebreathers off because they feel fine. i go to the bathroom...its a single bathroom. do not cut on the light. i sit in the dark and try to clear my head....at least for 5 minutes.

it is believed that the numbers we see today will pale in comparison to numbers 1 month out.

Patients are being retested 2 and 3 times. The test results show negative for the virus but the patients still have symptoms. So the retest...and retest.

Rules are constantly changing. Ultraviolet light not used to clean rooms. Positive patients are sharing rooms with Rule outs.

Experimental studies with new medication is being conducted. But you have to be accepted into the study......why.....because they are triaging like never before. Yes, people are/will be taking off vents if another is deemed more suitable and promising.

Love You Guys...Stay Safe.

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
24 people expired today

Thermometers are out. we are using the sticky things that are placed on the forehead.

Not enough cardiac monitors nor vital machines.

Finally found a n95 mask i can wear for 12hrs+...made by Kimberly Clark.....duck bill looking mask.

Coworkers husband passed from the virus last night.

my hospital is paying traveling nurses.....$100/hour

coworkers are more fatigue. the initial ratio limit was one Nurse per 3 Covid Patients max. this was approx 3wks ago. today we are caring for 6 to 7 covid patients. not hard to find a healthcare provider....ie…..Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist....emotional with tears

1 died on my floor today. Another was placed on Comfort Care. No guest visitors at this time....exceptions are made for those with very little time to live. 2 family members at a time is what management are saying.

Patients do not realize how sick they are. taking non-rebreathers off because they feel fine. i go to the bathroom...its a single bathroom. do not cut on the light. i sit in the dark and try to clear my head....at least for 5 minutes.

it is believed that the numbers we see today will pale in comparison to numbers 1 month out.

Patients are being retested 2 and 3 times. The test results show negative for the virus but the patients still have symptoms. So the retest...and retest.

Rules are constantly changing. Ultraviolet light not used to clean rooms. Positive patients are sharing rooms with Rule outs.

Experimental studies with new medication is being conducted. But you have to be accepted into the study......why.....because they are triaging like never before. Yes, people are/will be taking off vents if another is deemed more suitable and promising.

Love You Guys...Stay Safe.
well, that pretty much says it all..

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I lost a friend yesterday. I have known his wife for 23 years, I have known him for about 1 year and a half. They are in fair health but in their 60's. They both felt fever, and flu-like symptoms early in the week, Tuesday he had trouble breathing and an ambulance took to the hospital, The next day his temp was 105 and on a ventilator. They put him into a coma hoping his body would stop fighting it while the same time they were packing him in ice, he did not make it.

Stay safe peeps!

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012

Stay safe

Sweden says they expect thousands of death now and are acknowledging they should have started earlier.
https://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/lofven-tusenvis-vil-do/72333058

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic