Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
The CDC notes that the often-cited figure of 36,000 annual flu-related deaths was derived from years when the predominant virus subtype was H3N2, which tends to be more lethal than H1N1. [1]

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
Friend of mine is diabetic and has recovered from the coronavirus. His wife wasn't tested but she fell ill about a week after he did, she has severe asthma.

Doesn't feed the doom & gloom does it.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I'd like to join the doom and gloom party, but I am about 34,000 deaths short of opening a bottle of bubbly.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Exactly. This will happen again and there is no telling when. Could be another hundred years, could be next year.

The good news is because this pandemic will touch the lives of every human being on earth, better safeguards will be put in place. Politicians will demand changes. The World will wake up.

This pandemic is nothing to minimize. The losses will be great. But there’s nothing preventing a much more severe pandemic from birthing after this one. We’re “lucky” this is a wake up call and not nearly as bad as it could be.

Zoonotic diseases can crossover anywhere there is contact between animals and people. Avian flu has come from chickens. Shutting down wet markets is a good idea that may not significantly decrease the risk of zoonotic transmission.

MERS came from camels. In the Middle East they are pets, food, milk sources etc. Mad cow came from bovines.

Nature will always find a way. (Or we could give up all meat-ha!)

SARS (10%),MERS (35%), Ebola (25-90% ave 50%) were all way more deadly than Covid. But they didn’t transmit. The current pandemic will have loss of lives in order of magnitudes greater than those or Avian flu.

Even though “it’s not as bad as the flu”. ;)

It's only greater until the other viruses mutate and they do.... at a logarithmic rate. It's not a matter of if... only when.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hopefully this will wake people up that being physically fit is extremely important. It's not just about looking good. It's about health and the bodies ability to fight off an infection, virus, etc.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Hopefully this will wake people up that being physically fit is extremely important. It's not just about looking good. It's about health and the bodies ability to fight off an infection, virus, etc.

I've been trying to hammer this into people for years. Just need the right nail I suppose. Side note: Looking good also makes you feel good, thus relieving stress in the process.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
God bless you for paying for a TV for those patients! Kudos to you!

@2ez what is this prone stuff? You mean sitting the patients up not laying down? I can only relate to prone positions in handling dumbbells lol.

I'm hearing mixed reports of re-infections, My local news has stated that when/if a person is reinfected, issues are less or not as impactful to the said infected person. But you are stating that reinfections are worse. That's the issues with this new virus...and i go to CDC.gov and no details on this there.

There is a group called: Prone Team

what these Cats do is reposition Patients that are on Vents. Not sure of the exact hours....but to give you an idea....Vented Patients are Prone for 18 hours, and then Supine for 6 hours. in addition, the head is turned every 2 hours as well. this is suppose to help while on the Vents.

Again, do not quote me on the amount of hours...but that is the concept.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
My friends Brother passed today. See attached. Every other day occurrence.

I am totally guilty for not taking this serious

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329-152045_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-152045_Messages.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 168
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've been trying to hammer this into people for years. Just need the right nail I suppose. Side note: Looking good also makes you feel good, thus relieving stress in the process.

I think this will change some people's minds. I'm sure not everyone will realize this but those on the fence and just needed that nudge... just got a push instead and I think they'll make the leap.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I think this will change some people's minds. I'm sure not everyone will realize this but those on the fence and just needed that nudge... just got a push instead and I think they'll make the leap.
I hope so. People do not realize just how bad off they are until something happens. We have a huge safety net being in civilized society. Sometimes that net rips... Now we are depending on ourselves.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
118,038 deaths since January.

That's for the seasonal flu. COVID-19 is at 33,903 for the same period of time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic