Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The big thing I don't see anyone talking about is that this is only going to happen again. There was a SARS outbreak in 2009 from China. The way they store their food (ie. livestock) is a big reason why this happened and what has been done to stop that?

Also, they found 2 new mutations of the avian flu which has a 60% mortality rate and I don't hear anyone talking about that either.

Reactions: CFM
Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
The big thing I don't see anyone talking about is that this is only going to happen again. There was a SARS outbreak in 2009 from China. The way they store their food (ie. livestock) is a big reason why this happened and what has been done to stop that?

Also, they found 2 new mutations of the avian flu which has a 60% mortality rate and I don't hear anyone talking about that either.

Exactly. This will happen again and there is no telling when. Could be another hundred years, could be next year.

The good news is because this pandemic will touch the lives of every human being on earth, better safeguards will be put in place. Politicians will demand changes. The World will wake up.

This pandemic is nothing to minimize. The losses will be great. But there’s nothing preventing a much more severe pandemic from birthing after this one. We’re “lucky” this is a wake up call and not nearly as bad as it could be.

Zoonotic diseases can crossover anywhere there is contact between animals and people. Avian flu has come from chickens. Shutting down wet markets is a good idea that may not significantly decrease the risk of zoonotic transmission.

MERS came from camels. In the Middle East they are pets, food, milk sources etc. Mad cow came from bovines.

Nature will always find a way. (Or we could give up all meat-ha!)

SARS (10%),MERS (35%), Ebola (25-90% ave 50%) were all way more deadly than Covid. But they didn’t transmit. The current pandemic will have loss of lives in order of magnitudes greater than those or Avian flu.

Even though “it’s not as bad as the flu”. ;)

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Reactions: Jin
Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcr...roxide-to-clean-n95-face-masks-for-reuse/amp/

Doesn't really go in depth, but this should give you an idea. Seems odd that hydrogen peroxide would be enough to kill the virus so I dont know if there is also heat sterilization as well in the process or what have you. As for right now though it looks it the only alternatively to foreseen shortages to come.
Great news for our healthcare professionals. Above my abilities/equipment to employ. Thanks for the link.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Tool aenema and here we are fucking it all up.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012

The powers that be have this corona thingie, they have a few billion unhinged, its working.

Meanwhile, people are recovering at a much higher rate then they're dying.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
44,092 New Yorkers died from heart disease in 2017.
44,092/365 days/24hrs in a day, year in and year out.

Where is the urgency?

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I am not downplaying this virus, simply providing some perspective.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic