Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Ole Kenny Copeland has taken care of Covid 19. We can all go back about our business now.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Michigan's death stats (COVID-19)

Average Age74.9 years
Median Age76 years
Age Range5-107 years

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Wonder how much longer they would have lived without COVID. I have/had next generation above me relatives who are/were 10-15 yrs older than 74.9-76 who are enjoying or did enjoy Life for most or all of those bonus 10-15 yrs.

(I don't wonder too much about that 107yo, lol)

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
the question becomes now that we know that the death rate is less than 1%, my question to you would be is that worth the damage the stay at home orders are doing?

From what I know and have heard that hospitals are underwhelmed and hurting for business. In what areas are they overwhelmed besides the nj/ny area?

I think when the data show declining numbers of new infections for two to four weeks, the governors will all start opening up. In my state, Vermont, we have had significant relaxation of the shut down in two of the last three weeks. But still, there are a lot of businesses that are not allowed open yet. That is because we have not had sufficient time with reduction of new cases.

Then again, I am not privvy to the standards and have only read what the experts were advocating. It may be that the Governors are looking for zero new infections for a couple of weeks.

In either case, it will be important to focus on the people who had contact with the new cases so that the government can be in touch with all those people to tell them they have been exposed, and to instruct them what to do. In the absence of sufficient good testing the only option will be for the government to order them to self isolate a couple of weeks until it is clear whether they have the virus or not. If we had good tests available, government could test them and if they were clear, then immediately tell them they do not have to self isolate.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Wonder how much longer they would have lived without COVID. I have/had next generation above me relatives who are/were 10-15 yrs older than 74.9-76 who are enjoying or did enjoy Life for most or all of those bonus 10-15 yrs.

My wife's grandfather is 103 and still lives in his own apartment, prepares his meals and drives to church and his volunteer "job" teaching woodworking to seniors lol. I'm not ok with 75yrs old being a death sentence ;)

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
My wife's grandfather is 103 and still lives in his own apartment, prepares his meals an drives to church and his volunteer "job" teaching woodworking to seniors lol. I'm not ok with 75yrs old being a death sentence ;)

I cannot say my dad would or would not die from the virus, he's going to 86 and very active. My mother is a mess, does nothing, eats garbage and almost dies every year from the flu.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
There are two large groups within the 75ish crowd: very active and healthy, they are not in nursing homes. Another group within the 75ish age group have done nothing good for themselves their entire life. Of course there are variants. Those with lousy genes who cannot control their health due to mental illness, and those who just don't care (see group 2).

75 and unhealthy is a death sentence. Who is going to change their ways, bring grandma home from the nursing home, take personal responsibility for their health instead of a taking a pill and getting vaccinated?

Do something or die.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012

I wonder how many had 2 or more underlying conditions.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Unless or until we know which ones are which, I hope we do things that maximize the chances all of them will either live or die because of the underlying condition(s).

I feel sorta skittish about deciding which ones to let go.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Dr. Osterholm wrote a book 4 years ago basically predicting this exact type of pandemic.

His organizations website. They write their own articles not based on media propaganda. University of Minnesota.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19
He is apolitical and because of that he can shoot straight. Unlike the Trump administration scientists.

We’ll be in this thing for the next year and a half. At least.

Instead of getting your information from newspaper headlines, try reading a 4 year old book so you can make your own analysis and separate the blatant BS from the science.

Maybe this falls on deaf ears because some of you seem to think you are wiser and more knowledgeable than PhD scientists.

2B135F33-186D-43D3-B3D6-0F6662807DF3.jpeg

Last edited:
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
If average life expectancy is 72 years, and average death from coronavirus is 75 years, then does it follow that getting coronavirus will add three years to your life expectancy? LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic