Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
@ceo he owns the entire block of warehouses outright. he also owns all the equipment in his shop outright/ no dept. he brags about it often.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
he could give a fuck about his workers. he only cares about his bank account. fact...it's the American way...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
A funny COVID-19 quote I saw today:

"Eighth day of self isolation and it’s like Vegas in my house. We’re losing money by the minute, cocktails are acceptable at any hour, and nobody knows what time it is."

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
plus, what he is saying is incorrect. Yes Jesus drank wine but never to the extent he was a falling down drunk. In moderation fine, getting wasted and negatively affecting yours and others lives, not fine. And, id like that book, chapter, verse that talks about using drugs.

Nobody wants to talk about God, The Bible or Religion on this thread.

Stop bringing it up. There’s already enough sticking points here.

I love discussing spiritual things but a on fitness board, while the world is in the midst of crisis? On a thread that has nothing to do with such things?

shows your extremely poor judgement.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
No one has yet to discuss whats going to happen after the infection rate goes down and everyone goes back to their daily lives and the infections start rising again. What're they gonna do then, shut down the economy again? "well folks it looks like we have to do the whole quarantine thing again 2 more months". Until they get a antiviral or vacine this quarantine thing is a band aid and imo not worth shutting down the country.

I think the better approach wouldve been to do a mandatory quarantine on the high risk group and their care takers and everyone go about their daily lives.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
from what ive 'heard' business's do not get charged for unemployment claims due to the virus.
i'm a high end cabinet installer in northern CA. We were told to shelter in place.But my boss refuses to shut down. He keeps working us with no protection and reduced hours. He dosent want to pay unemployment,and he's a multi millionaire . i usually take home 1200.00 a week. my last paycheck for 2 weeks was 700.00 what a fucking asshole. i'd make 80% of my pay on unemployment. i feel like turning him into the county for not shutting down.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I got a message from a friend supposedly backed by drs treating the virus that ibuprofen is making the virus worse if taken prior or during being positive.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I got a message from a friend supposedly backed by drs treating the virus that ibuprofen is making the virus worse if taken prior or during being positive.

The last I've heard on this issue is that it wasn't true at all... nothing more than an "internet rumor". That being said, you'll hear varying opinions on every topic regarding the virus based upon who you talk with.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I would think that if HCQ and z-pack are being used off label by a decent number of doctors, some preliminary data should be getting collected on how the protocol is affecting the viral load. In earlier application, it was being seen within days. Some patients under doctor's supervision have been on for a week now. I'd like to think that the CDC is collecting that information. Good or bad, the data on the results should be shared.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I would think that if HCQ and z-pack are being used off label by a decent number of doctors, some preliminary data should be getting collected on how the protocol is affecting the viral load. In earlier application, it was being seen within days. Some patients under doctor's supervision have been on for a week now. I'd like to think that the CDC is collecting that information. Good or bad, the data on the results should be shared.
It's still a bit early and the data is extremely limited, but...

Pilot Study Suggests Hydroxychloroquine Offers No Additional Benefit To Patients With COVID-19 Receiving Standard Care

Newsweek (3/25, McCall) reports researchers found in a pilot study with 30 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 that “hydroxychloroquine offers no additional benefit to coronavirus patients already being treated with current methods, including bed rest and antiviral drugs.” The findings were published in the Journal of Zhejiang University and the study’s authors said more research is needed to further examine the efficacy of the treatment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
i'm a high end cabinet installer in northern CA. We were told to shelter in place.But my boss refuses to shut down. He keeps working us with no protection and reduced hours. He dosent want to pay unemployment,and he's a multi millionaire . i usually take home 1200.00 a week. my last paycheck for 2 weeks was 700.00 what a fucking asshole. i'd make 80% of my pay on unemployment. i feel like turning him into the county for not shutting down.

Thst business qualifies for a interest free loan to cover operational expenses. You can find that info on KCRA.

but you all do need to be home and collect the insurance. The longer business like his operate, the more people can be infected.
Also no one knows who is infected or not.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
"COVID-19 May Attack Testicles, Reduce Testosterone: Study"
Doctors in central Wuhan are planning to conduct a long-term study of the effects of COVID-19 on the male reproductive system after a small study of 81 men revealed that coronavirus patients haed roughly half the normal ratio of testosterone after contracting the disease, according to SCMP.

Though still preliminary and not peer reviewed, the study is the first clinical observation of the potential impact of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, on the male reproductive system, especially among younger groups.
In a paper published on the preprint research platform medRxiv.org, the researchers – from Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University and the Hubei Clinical Research Centre for Prenatal Diagnosis and Birth Health – said they analysed blood samples from 81 men aged 20 to 54 who tested positive for the coronavirus and were hospitalised in January.
The median age of the participants was 38 and roughly 90 per cent of them had only mild symptoms. The samples were collected in the last days of their stay in hospital. -SCMP
Previous studies have shown that coronavirus binds with the protein receptor cell, ACE2, a large number of which are found in the testicles.

Researchers looked at the ratio of testosterone to luteinising hormone (T/LH) - finding that the average ratio for COVID-19 patients was 0.74, around half the normal level. A low T/LH ratio can signal hypogonadism - a malfunction of the testicles which could lead to lower production of the sex hormone.
Testosterone is the main male sex hormone critical for the development of primary and secondary sexual characteristics including testes, muscle, bone mass and body hair. Luteinising hormone is found in both men and women, and best known for its ability to trigger ovulation. -SCMP
Those with hypogonadism can develop large breasts and erectile dysfunction - a condition which can be cured with testosterone treatment.
"Since more than half of the people with Covid-19 were reproductive-aged, more attention should be paid to the effect of Sars-CoV-2 on the reproductive system," the Wuhan researchers wrote - noting that their results were inconclusive and that other factors such as medication and immune system response could also trigger changes in hormones.
As such, the researchers say they plan a long-term study which may include the collection and analysis of sperm samples as well as interviews with coronavirus patients.

Professor of reproductive medicine at Tongji Hospital in Wuhan, Li Yufeng, had predicted in a study that the testicles could become a 'major target' in a coronavirus infection.
Other studies have also suggested that severe acute respiratory syndrome, or Sars, a distant relative of the new coronavirus, could also cause inflammation in the testicles.
A researcher with the State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine at Nanjing Medical University, said the new observations were “highly valuable information” but a bigger sample would be needed to clarify the results. -SCMP
"Many viruses can affect fertility, but not every virus can cause a pandemic. If the impact is long lasting, it can be a problem," said the researcher - speaking on condition of anonymity.
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/covid-19-may-attack-testicles-reduce-testosterone-study

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic