for those of you that cook on Sundays getting prepared for the week:

What do you cook ?

How much do you cook?

How do you store it ?

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I generally cook everyday. When I used to cook in bulk I would just cook for several days. Anything that takes more than 10 minutes to prep and cook I would cook in advanced. All chicken and beef, unless it was just beef patties.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I cook 3 or 4 nights a week. Eating chicken on Friday that I made on Sunday just wasn't appetizing. Shit dries out in the fridge and stuff. I usually make 5-6 lbs of chicken at a time. I grind it in a kitchen aid - just cause its easier to shovel down the gullet when ground... I portion beef tenderloin and fish (mahi usually) and freeze that shit. Defrost in the micro when I need it. I bake sweet potatoes - usually around a dozen of em. I might make a couple cups of brown rice ahead of time although I prefer the uncle bens ready rice packages - just the plain brown rice w/out all the salt.

T

Tommy1984

Mar 16, 2011
I cook every few days, chicken and lots of fish. Keep plenty of hard boiled eggs on hand as well. Protein and plenty of vitamins, you can never go wrong.

If you have done it more than once, you are not doing it right. Truer words have not been spoken about nano silver!

Last edited:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I cook almost every day. If you are prepping for the week get a bunch of little tupperwares and just put a meal in each, chicken, rice broccoli, steak. As pillar said, by mid week it will be dry and not appetizing so have some sort of something to dip in.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
I also cook everyday, other than a couple items I make in advance. I find food tast better cooked fresh

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
i try and make enough for 2 or 3 days at a time. anything older than 3 days starts to taste like POO. even the third day is sketchy sometimes depending on what i am cooking.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I cook once every 2 weeks. All my meals are then weighed into portions, packaged and frozen. The only exception is the "dinner" meal that I have with my wife at night and we cook that daily. My diet is the basic beef, chicken, rice. I also cook a variation of Aware72's chili and a high-protein stew and freeze those two as well. This is the only way I have found that I can get my meals in at this point in time. Busy times man.

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
I usually cook in bulk, almost all the time, but especially in prep. I make batches of chicken (I will either reheat it, or eat it cold..I eat cold chicken ALOT), I make large batches of brown rice that usually lasts me a few days to a week, batches of fish (tilapia or orange roughy usually). Other things I make fresh (or open fresh, tuna, canned chicken, etc) I always make my breakfast fresh ;) but most of the rest is reheated lol. I am LAZY! And I don't mind cold chicken, or reheated fish…it is food, that is all…

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Batches of chicken on Saturday or Sunday night. Big ol pot of oatmeal. Those are the anchors...

Fresher is better, but life is FULL

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I cook food fresh daily. I can't cook all my meals for the next 5-7 days, and then eat them. It reminds me of eating left overs, and I hate leftovers.. I usually make 2-3 meals in the morning, and then the last 2 Ill make them when Im ready to eat.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
I grocery shop for the next 48 hours w/ the exception of rice and eggs(bought in bulk at costco once a week). I only cook for the next 24 hours. Food taste f'ing nasty to me otherwise and I have no clue how people do it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic