Rolanalon
What's New?

Contest WarChest: The Gear...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
This thread is intended to share strategies and highlight some of the "better" AAS for Contest Prep. There are many drugs out there that I won't touch in the offseason but they do have there place in the waning days of Prep. Masteron, Winstrol, Halotestin, Anadrol even Superdrol can tweak your physique to the next level if applied at the right times in the right doses.

This thread isn't gospel and I'm no Guru. Everyone's invited to post, rebut or add to any content within:

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Mike, should be a good thread. Looking at your cautionary note on drugs you might do, but only in the waning days of Prep: understood with some, but a little less so with Mast, your comments? I am aware of possible prostrate prostates and sides with hair, anything else?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Thanks for the question. I'm gonna try to hit as many of the possible compound as I know in a write up but I want anyone and everyone to chime in anywhere along the way.

Masteron is a cosmetic drug that really doesn't shine until you are lean and dry enough to "see" the grainy hardness it imparts. I have used it during the off season as MastE but it's not much of a mass builder. It helps mitigate some of the sexual side effects that Deca or Tren seem to cause me and can keep SHBG in check which amplifies the free Testosterone. I have found that Proviron or Turinabol do the same for less although only Tbol seems to have an effect on overall growth while bulking.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I tend to agree that Mast is not going to do much in terms of building much lean muscle. Then again, I' ve never run it any higher than 100mg EOD, so perhaps things change if I were to double the dose.

I like mast any time, but primarily for the aesthetic effects. Even when I'm above 12% it gives me a muscle hardness that definitely is noticeable in the mirror. I agree with Mike that it does help with free test. I didn't know tbol did that as well. I'm pretty sure that var will also have that same positive effect.

Mast kills my prostate, unfortunately. And that's a big frustration. It's amazing how fast that kicks in....

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I like this thread Mike. I find there are typically 2 types of male competitors. And most fall in between somewhere. There's the guy who holds good size but lacks conditioning. Food typically doesn't change his size much, but runs risks of losing lines with manipulation peak week. Then there's the guy who gets peeled but loses size, needs more fullness. Everyone falls towards one side or the other. I know this isn't food related, but it definitely affects things. But gear wise, contest prep only, and experienced , the full guy lacking lines gets tren:test ratio 2:1 or 3:1 last 6 weeks, winny, mast, halo, letro. Doses and sometimes anavar is tossed in. For the guy who is hard AF and flatter tren:te

Disco

Disco

VIP Member
May 15, 2021
Interesting . I’m in prep now . 6 weeks out, carved in stone, and flat AF. So, following ….

Mega

Mega

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2012
I like this thread Mike. I find there are typically 2 types of male competitors. And most fall in between somewhere. There's the guy who holds good size but lacks conditioning. Food typically doesn't change his size much, but runs risks of losing lines with manipulation peak week. Then there's the guy who gets peeled but loses size, needs more fullness. Everyone falls towards one side or the other. I know this isn't food related, but it definitely affects things. But gear wise, contest prep only, and experienced , the full guy lacking lines gets tren:test ratio 2:1 or 3:1 last 6 weeks, winny, mast, halo, letro. Doses and sometimes anavar is tossed in. For the guy who is hard AF and flatter tren:te
I’ll give this a try , some guys just over diet n lose way to much weight and muscle in the process . Also for the guy that is just ripped but looks small or flat , honesty they just don’t have enough lean dense muscle on them . These guys look great when rebounding and or not in prep mode bug n full but still a little soft . I have few guys in my gym , young guys, they yell scream n pump each other up , but they severely over train , too many sets , exersices and reps . Really doing more damage than good . Their weight goes from 230 before prep to like 190 ish show time ! Hell even 200 is a lot of muscle loss too .
also the peak weak guys started doing all kinds of weird shit to . I think that , not understanding how diuretics work ( then can flatten you out overnight) and not knowing how to carb up . All this will help you look small and lose muscle on stage .
These are just my beliefs and instincts to training and eating and prepping so if you guys see anything to talk about let me know this is not an exact science . We all learn through each other experiences
1 . If you want to be heavy weight you need HEAVY WEIGHTS . Light weight lifts light weights
2. Muscle groups !! I see guys lift crazy heavy but all the same movements . Bench press , machine press , dumbbell press ect.. they are just weight lifting. Not bodybuilding , they have no balance . You need muscle groups and tie in to look more complete !
3 . keto is not body building ! Too many guys say oh I’m carb sensitive and just do keto all prep . Then have cheat meals to FILL BACK OUT. Crazy from my perspective, diets are rough , mentally tough and suck yes butyou will find out what your made of going though this . And trust me after the first time it’s not as bad going through the next few .
4 . learn how to prep your own damn food . It’s not that hard but the new thing are these meal services . Waste of money if you ask me . And your learning nothing about your nutrition and your body . I get it some may need this because they are super busy ect… select few . Fine . But seems like all these 3rd n 4th place npc guys and ladies have some meal prep company they use . When I was in a jam on prep and didn’t have my food , I’d either hit Chinese and get steamed chicken n broccoli or hit a grocery store and get a rotisserie chicken and a bag of grapes . Yes grapes people villanize fruit on prep , but it actually is great carbs in prep . Full of nutrients minerals vitamins and water!
5 . I can go on and on , but for 5 I’d say people just stick to the plan . They get a prep guy or girl . Get the diet and training and or gear protocol , and others start putting in their 2 cents and then they go charging shit them selves. You hired the coach for a reason , stick it out see how you do . Everyone has different methods and bodies . As a coach we need to figure your body out for you . We can’t feel what to are feeling , we have to look at you and make decisions . Most good coaches can look at you and tell you what’s going on , but you still need to communicate howyou feel , performance , sleep , hunger , mentally ect..

Oh and drugs too . Like Mike RN said drugs are big too I’m finding not to many know how to use the drugs when they diet to hold muscle , this can work if your body responds and you or the coach knows how to run prep cycles .
Hope this helps , and please ask any questions or debate. ( not argue lol)
Mega

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
I wish that I tolerated solvents well.

I have friends that can use Ethyl Oleate and I am so envious.

They're slamming test prop, tren ace, and mast prop ED with pretty much slin pins and loving life and getting hard as nails. I even pick up a vial of shit with EO in it and I get welts and die LOL.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Mega,
Your reply above brings back so many memories for me. All 5 statements are dead on. I’m sure you could have had 10 statements to add.
I enjoyed the read.
GC

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I absolutely did not like masteron. 2010 was my last national show and my hair took an absolute BEATING. It was failing out in chunks and for I got in hardness it wasn’t worth it IMO

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Question for you @Mike_RN. For contest prep when would you add in the Masteron and Winstrol? Last 8 weeks for Masteron and last 4 weeks for Winstrol? I am asking, because that is probably what I will run for my prep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic