Contest WarChest: The Gear...

Discussion in 'Advanced Bodybuilding - Contest Prep, Etc' started by Mike_RN, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    This thread is intended to share strategies and highlight some of the "better" AAS for Contest Prep. There are many drugs out there that I won't touch in the offseason but they do have there place in the waning days of Prep. Masteron, Winstrol, Halotestin, Anadrol even Superdrol can tweak your physique to the next level if applied at the right times in the right doses.

This thread isn't gospel and I'm no Guru. Everyone's invited to post, rebut or add to any content within:

Rider and inhuman88 like this.
  2. rawdeal

rawdeal TID Board Of Directors

Nov 29, 2013
    Mike, should be a good thread. Looking at your cautionary note on drugs you might do, but only in the waning days of Prep: understood with some, but a little less so with Mast, your comments? I am aware of possible prostrate prostates and sides with hair, anything else?

3. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Thanks for the question. I'm gonna try to hit as many of the possible compound as I know in a write up but I want anyone and everyone to chime in anywhere along the way.

Masteron is a cosmetic drug that really doesn't shine until you are lean and dry enough to "see" the grainy hardness it imparts. I have used it during the off season as MastE but it's not much of a mass builder. It helps mitigate some of the sexual side effects that Deca or Tren seem to cause me and can keep SHBG in check which amplifies the free Testosterone. I have found that Proviron or Turinabol do the same for less although only Tbol seems to have an effect on overall growth while bulking.

Rider and rawdeal like this.
  4. tommyguns2

tommyguns2 Senior Moderators Staff Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I tend to agree that Mast is not going to do much in terms of building much lean muscle. Then again, I' ve never run it any higher than 100mg EOD, so perhaps things change if I were to double the dose.

I like mast any time, but primarily for the aesthetic effects. Even when I'm above 12% it gives me a muscle hardness that definitely is noticeable in the mirror. I agree with Mike that it does help with free test. I didn't know tbol did that as well. I'm pretty sure that var will also have that same positive effect.

Mast kills my prostate, unfortunately. And that's a big frustration. It's amazing how fast that kicks in....

5. dragevo

dragevo VIP Member

Jul 9, 2011
    I like this thread Mike. I find there are typically 2 types of male competitors. And most fall in between somewhere. There's the guy who holds good size but lacks conditioning. Food typically doesn't change his size much, but runs risks of losing lines with manipulation peak week. Then there's the guy who gets peeled but loses size, needs more fullness. Everyone falls towards one side or the other. I know this isn't food related, but it definitely affects things. But gear wise, contest prep only, and experienced , the full guy lacking lines gets tren:test ratio 2:1 or 3:1 last 6 weeks, winny, mast, halo, letro. Doses and sometimes anavar is tossed in. For the guy who is hard AF and flatter tren:te

Mike_RN likes this.