Rolanalon
What's New?

Contest WarChest: The Ancillaries...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I've been slipping in here (Advanced BB) so I wanted to get some content going again. This thread will be dedicated to all the other tools in our arsenal for stage prep. Obviously Masteron, Trenbolone, Winstrol, Proviron and Anti-Es are important but let's look at some of the lesser know adjunct drugs/supplements that fine tune those last 8wks.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Modafinil, Modalert

Two ways that Modafinil helps with Contest prep.

It works well for me as a "stimulant" while I'm depleted. It's nowhere near as good at appetite suppression as Phentermine but it does help me forget food for a few hours (4-6). At the same time it makes you feel good. The hardest part about prep for many (me) is not getting the "reward" trigger from your brain when eating carbs. Our brain runs best on glucose and gives us a slight euphoria for giving it simple carbs. Modafinil gives that same mild "feel good" without calories :) It also costs less than Phen and is more widely available in Bodybuilding circles.

The second benefit is more for us old guys (I'm 46).

Think about all the shitty workouts you've had during prep. The ones where you can barely get through it due to being tired and hungry. Modafinil gives me the laser focus of a heavier stimulant (like Geranamine/DMAA or Ephedrine) without the Blood Pressure spikes or jittery feelings. I look like I have Parkinson's on most preworkouts at the doses I need while depleted. Unlike the stimulant heavy preworkouts, I am sharp and have a great mind muscle connection. It doesn't compromise my pump with vasoconstriction like most stimulants do. I'll take a scoop of something milder (just caffeine, agmatine, beta alanine and taurine) if the Modafinil is at the tail end of effectiveness (8-10hrs for me).

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for this series. Even for those who don't compete, the more you know.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Nice man, keep the content going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic