Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

constantly sore after work outs

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Is it normal to be constantly sore all week. I don't get it, to some extent your body gets use to working out. So why is it I'm always sore every week. Its like clock work two days after any body part I'm sore and stiff. Since I do all body parts at least once a week, there isn't a day go by that I don't have something hurting and its getting kind of annoying.

Am I doing something wrong, am I just to old for this shit any more? Is there a supplement I can take?....maybe I should just stop shinning lime a bitch and get over it......

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I'm the same way. I am almost always pretty sore. Of course some muscles always get sore, others rarely so. But it seems like most of them always get sore.

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
I feel like one thing or another is always sore, as soon as the other gets better. I've just accepted it as life lol.
Not to compare you to my dad and make real low blow here (lol sorry) but everything I know I learned from watching my dad, who's a retired bodybuilder and briefly powerlifter but also a doctor. I don't remember a single part of my childhood, or even now, when that man wasn't sore. He always has told me it's a good sign and so I'm going to tell you that. Lol. It's annoying but I consider it normal and good.

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
Oh, massages and hot showers though. It helps a little.
A really hard, deep massage does wonders apparently. Grab a purty lady and tell them to really use their thumbs and wrists :) I've always turned to hot tubs or showers and stretched in them, feels better after.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I always liked being sore because that meant I had attacked the muscles in a new way.

But then my coach put me on a drink called: Intra-MD by Prime Nutrition.

I still get my growth but not sore. Except a little from leg day :)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
It depends upon several things. Your overall conditioning and development is a big one. I am not sure of your level of experience in the gym, but newbs will experience DOMS far worse than a trained individual.

When I am not in a deficit, I do not ever experience DOMs unless I do something either very out of the ordinary....say like some crazy volume sets. (eg Doing weekly working sets on deads with 585 for sets of 4-6 wont make me sore at all, but 405x20+ will leave me feeling it the next few days). Or doing an entire new exercise I had not done in months. (say bringing back dumbbell pullovers...etc).

Now a few things will change this. Not getting enough rest/sleep will keep me from recovering properly and if prolonged, will lead to increased soreness. Or, not eating optimally. (not getting enough cals or even macro requirements).

That said....when dialed in, I almost never get sore. When cutting cals, I pretty much plan on it, but try to make small tweeks to my diet to minimize it as I know it means I am not eating optimally.

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
A good intra and post workout regimen really helps. Lots of bcaa, glutamine, vitamin c, vitamin e and protein. If you're bf is low, dextrose postworkout with your whey.

Your body gets used to certain styles of training. When you switch something up, on comes the DOMS because you're hitting something heavier or more reps or at a different angle thus damaging muscle fibers that were not reached with prior training styles.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It depends upon several things. Your overall conditioning and development is a big one. I am not sure of your level of experience in the gym, but newbs will experience DOMS far worse than a trained individual.

When I am not in a deficit, I do not ever experience DOMs unless I do something either very out of the ordinary....say like some crazy volume sets. (eg Doing weekly working sets on deads with 585 for sets of 4-6 wont make me sore at all, but 405x20+ will leave me feeling it the next few days). Or doing an entire new exercise I had not done in months. (say bringing back dumbbell pullovers...etc).

Now a few things will change this. Not getting enough rest/sleep will keep me from recovering properly and if prolonged, will lead to increased soreness. Or, not eating optimally. (not getting enough cals or even macro requirements).

That said....when dialed in, I almost never get sore. When cutting cals, I pretty much plan on it, but try to make small tweeks to my diet to minimize it as I know it means I am not eating optimally.

Pretty much agree with this. In fact, I think I will just start sending in Mac to make my replies, we think almost exactly the same in everything. lol

That said, some people do vary slightly based on many things. The key thing to ask yourself is "Are you making gains?".

I do get sore regularly, but when I am on a maintenance diet or surplus, it's very minimal.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Pretty much agree with this. In fact, I think I will just start sending in Mac to make my replies, we think almost exactly the same in everything. lol

That said, some people do vary slightly based on many things. The key thing to ask yourself is "Are you making gains?".

I do get sore regularly, but when I am on a maintenance diet or surplus, it's very minimal.

Thats funny....I am not sure if it a good thing or a bad thing. ;)

The internet has been good for somethings, and I think the biggest is the realization that there really are no big secrets out there. The mask and cloud of bro-science is blown away more and more every day. It all really comes down to basic truths but there is never just one way to do anything. People who try to over-complicate things are just either trying to make money off selling you something or are just too stupid to realize that nothing really replaces hard work over time, a good diet and above it all else.....yes the dreaded genetics! :D

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I train hard, harder than 80% of regular folks. 6 days a week, at least 3 to 4 exercises per part, 4 set of 12 to 15 reps...
I'm eating 300 calories a day, 200 g carbs 300 g protein.
I have put on 30 lbs since my surgery. Been at it hard for the last 3 years, except for 6 month lay off. Have been back at it 4 sold months...I know I'm making gains, and loosing a bit of the fat in the process. I'm 6'4 and 276 right now....even being that heavy, I have definition showing, with weight around my hips and belly.

I add glutemin to all my shakes, vitamins are all high....I think its just age...and that fact I'm only on hrt at the moment....

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I train hard, harder than 80% of regular folks. 6 days a week, at least 3 to 4 exercises per part, 4 set of 12 to 15 reps...
I'm eating 300 calories a day, 200 g carbs 300 g protein.
I have put on 30 lbs since my surgery. Been at it hard for the last 3 years, except for 6 month lay off. Have been back at it 4 sold months...I know I'm making gains, and loosing a bit of the fat in the process. I'm 6'4 and 276 right now....even being that heavy, I have definition showing, with weight around my hips and belly.

I add glutemin to all my shakes, vitamins are all high....I think its just age...and that fact I'm only on hrt at the moment....

4 exercises per body part, 4 sets each of 12-15 reps for 6 days a week...that is insanely high volume. I think I would be sore all the time from that too

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic