Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

conservative arimidex dose?

R

ready2explode

Jan 14, 2013
I dont know if its the Tren im on or if you really are just coming off as a smart ass
I'm not being a smart ass. You're simply being obtuse! I'll spell it out for you:

but if you know so much, you tell us what a conservative dose would be.
Conservative on adex, IMO, would be .25mgs 2x/wk.

Keep in mind that you should only use an AI if necessary.

Why the heck would someone take a "conservative dose" of a-dex. WTF does that even mean?
Conservative dose refers to the lowest amount of the drug that would still be effective. It has the greatest benefit:risk ratio. Someone would take a conservative dose to keep sides at the minimum.

Do you do what you think might be safe? or do you combat the gyno with it???
Poor argument. The safest dose is the lowest dose needed to combat side effects. In other words, why take 1mg/ed if .5mg/ed could do the job?

This is getting blown out of proportion and it doesn't need to. My original point when quoting you was that all drugs have sides and those sides need to be weighed against the benefits of using them. Caution should never be thrown to the wind as was implied by your post.

I'm hungry. Common, I'll buy ya a chicken and a beer!

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Conservative dose refers to the lowest amount of the drug that would still be effective. It has the greatest benefit:risk ratio. Someone would take a conservative dose to keep sides at the minimum.

Poor argument. The safest dose is the lowest dose needed to combat side effects. In other words, why take 1mg/ed if .5mg/ed could do the job?

No that is not correct, there is no such thing as a conservative dose. What you mean is lowest dosage that is needed to keep sides at a minimum. Conservative is not a usable word when it comes to drugs. Drugs are categorized as a dose responsive curve based on the amount of the drug. It's either a low dose or high dose, but it's not conservative dose. You can only conserve your dose, but you can't be a conservative dose.

The lowest effective dose would be .25mg EOD or E3D, the highest effective dose would be 1mg EOD or E3D. I say you should go with .5mg E3D.

R

ready2explode

Jan 14, 2013
No that is not correct, there is no such thing as a conservative dose. What you mean is lowest dosage that is needed to keep sides at a minimum. Conservative is not a usable word when it comes to drugs. Drugs are categorized as a dose responsive curve based on the amount of the drug. It's either a low dose or high dose, but it's not conservative dose. You can only conserve your dose, but you can't be a conservative dose.
This thread has turned into a debate about semantics? Shockingly ridiculous when it was overly apparent what was meant by the original poster through context. Conservative dose is a hell of a lot faster than stating, "conservative estimate of the point-of-departure for a chemical in a dose-response assessment."

According to dictionary.com:
con·serv·a·tive
adjective
cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.

I'm done with this thread.

Last edited:
ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Im on HRT, and at first I was on 20mg/aromasin ED. Loved that stuff, but my insurance decided that I didnt need a cancer medication, so they said they wouldn't cover it anymore. Doc switched me to arimidex 1mg/ed, then to EOD.. We realized it was still way to much, and i was over supressing my estrogen which still isnt good. We now found that Im good at .25mg/ed, and Im only on 400mg test/week..

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Im on HRT, and at first I was on 20mg/aromasin ED. Loved that stuff, but my insurance decided that I didnt need a cancer medication, so they said they wouldn't cover it anymore. Doc switched me to arimidex 1mg/ed, then to EOD.. We realized it was still way to much, and i was over supressing my estrogen which still isnt good. We now found that Im good at .25mg/ed, and Im only on 400mg test/week..

Very useful. Thank you. I admit I know nothing about HRT but I think 400/week is the highest dose I ever heard of for HRT.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic