Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Conan's wheel

Ser

Ser

Oct 10, 2012
right, i have a comp in 2 weeks, one of the events is a conans wheel, i have no access to one and have never had the experiance....does anyone have any tips or a suggestion of a way to practise?

I have a mate who is going to make me one, but it won't be finished before my comp. Now the worlds Most Powerful Woman is out the way the panic has hit home and i can't think of any way to emulate it.....please help!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Bottom position zercher squats help. Do you have a yoke? If you do drop the bar down low like where the conans would rest. The best tips I could give you are grab the bar lean back walk toes out (john wayne style) .

Reactions: Ser
Ser

Ser

Oct 10, 2012
Sadly my gym doesn't have anything like that:( I am training tomorrow in a friends back garden and he has a yolk, will check how low we can set it, he is a bit of a shorty so i might be in luck! Thank you so much Rottenrogue, i always get so nervous of something new and have never had anywhere i could ask for advice before:D If all else fails i will rely on my 'just lift and walk till i die technique' lol

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Find a pole and something heavy. Tie the heavy thing to the pole and walk around it in a circle... As for tips? Push the hips forward and keep them there. Hold the handle thing high up on your chest too. If you can keep the hips under it you'll last longer cause your back won't be so exhausted.

its a sick little contraption.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
On our yoke we flip the top piece upside down and it allows it to go lower.

Reactions: Ser
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I would say it isn't your back that gets worked so much it is more quad failure and breathing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic