Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

Compression Shorts...

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
To give my hips some added support. It's all about longevity.

just use a DL suit then man
theyre just so ghey compression shorts, did you wear something over them please god tell me yes

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
just use a DL suit then man
theyre just so ghey compression shorts, did you wear something over them please god tell me yes

I didn't wear compression shorts. I used to wear my inzer power pants but since I've dropped 30lbs they are beyond loose. I want something with a bit more stretch which is why I'm thinking about the spud briefs since they are stretchier but give support.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Okay I’ll have to look some of this stuff up, I just use regular shorts and boxer briefs, and not sure what the whole publicity is on this stuff you all talk about.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Okay I’ll have to look some of this stuff up, I just use regular shorts and boxer briefs, and not sure what the whole publicity is on this stuff you all talk about.

It's a way to give your hips some support. For me, I deadlift and squat 2x a week in 3 days so my hips take a beating. I'm learning that equipment is there to help me keep pushing while I keep adding mileage and years to my lifts.

At the very minimum I'd get some compression shorts and if you like to lift heavy then some briefs may be something you should look into.

Reactions: SAD
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Adding equipment for the proposes of adding gym weight can be a slippery slope; just a warning. I'm not at all against it because there's not much I have not tried. Not sure if you compete or not but for me , most of my PL meets were knee wraps only.

Even if you don't compete, most equipment can be used as an aid in the gym. Once you get use to the different resistance points and a slight change in your grove, they can add a reasonable 10% to your lifts over not having them on This also depending on the style of equipment you choose.

They are great for pushing up "Wrap only" lifts. Trust me, when over time, your body gets acclimated to taking out and moving that 10% more and you go back to wrap only, that weight will feel lighter on the takeout.

Hope this helps

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I plan on wearing them only my heavy days. I used to wear my power pants the same way... only on my heavies days. If they give me 10% I wouldn't be mad but to be honest, I'm looking more for support than to immediately add lbs to my lift.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I plan on wearing them only my heavy days. I used to wear my power pants the same way... only on my heavies days. If they give me 10% I wouldn't be mad but to be honest, I'm looking more for support than to immediately add lbs to my lift.

Then go with the spuds. They are more about support than boost. it's a different feel than traditional briefs. I haven't pushed them yet, but I really like the way they feel. I think 10% would be generous unless you squeeze into a smaller size.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I bought a pair of HYperForce Neoprene shorts years ago and I loved them but they wore out. I got the Rehband ones as a replacement but they do not offer as much support.

I then got a pair of Inzer powerpants and I don't like them as much.

I scoured the internet but couldn't find the HyperForce ones anymore, then somehow I tracked the previous owner down on Facebook and messaged him. He had 5 pairs left in my size and I bought all of them.

Get the rehband ones and wear compression boxers underneath them and that should be good. That's what I do.

Get these:

McDavid Cross Compression Men's Performance Boxer Brief w/ Hip Flexor

https://www.amazon.com/McDavid-Cross-Compression-Shorts-Medium/dp/B00BN2J4EW/

And wear the Rehband Neoprene shorts over top.

You're welcome.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic