Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Compression Shorts?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I have the hyperforce briefs and I love them. You are still raw, but it's like a knee sleeve for your hips. Keeps everything real lose and warm.

Order at least a size smaller then the size chart says you should. You want them tight. I'm 5-10, 230 and I ordered a large. Had to exchange them for a schmedium.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Already ordered and I got an XL. If they're not tight enough I'll go down a size. Thanks.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Already ordered and I got an XL. If they're not tight enough I'll go down a size. Thanks.

You will probably be good with XL. You're like 2x the size of me.

Pull them up high over your belly button, and then pull the bottom of the legs up over your teardrop. There should be just a little sag in the ass. Just enough that movement isn't restricted. I wear under armours as a base layer, and then pull the hyperforce over them. It almost feels like your pulling on a wet suit.

If you are tight and put some liniments on, do some mob work, and then put the briefs on after, you will be loose as FD's o-ring.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Chris... they do help a bit with pulls. They would help more for me if I wore them like they are supposed to meaning the top pulled all the way up and a belt worn over it. The way I wear them (top rolled down so the belt doesn't wrap over them) helps keep my hips supported so I'm able to squat 2x week and not feel like I've been beaten down so much. I also only wear them on my heavy weeks so I'm only wear them 2 weeks out of the month.

When wearing the pp, you have to remember to really sit back when conventional pulling so imho they help reinforce good technique. I noticed a bigger difference when I pulled sumo. Again they reinforce good techniqe. Sit back and pull yourself under the bar to get into the right starting position where the bar pops off the floor.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
So wearing these doesn't change the groove or bar path? I'd contemplated trying them but didn't want to mess with mechanics.

Does it make my junk look smaller also? That's a deal breaker.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
For Raw lifts and for competition I bought a pair of McDavid Cross Compression shorts. They arrived today.

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/8201/MCDAVID_Super_Cross_Compression™_Short_w_hip_spica.aspx

8200R_M.jpg

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
The hyperforce pants arrived today.

Squats tomorrow.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
A pair of loose single ply briefs work really well..... or, look on powerlifting watch for some old Frantz or Crain briefs. That old poly stuff is like compression gear at best.

If you want actual compression shorts, my Hind brand compression shorts from 2003 are still going strong and get used regularly in training and under my singlet when I bench at meets to save the audience from seeing how happy heavy benching makes me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic