Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Compartment Syndrome

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Anyone ever had any problems with this? i have it in both calves and everytime i do legs or cardio i am in agony.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I just read up on it because I get some pain in my calves for a few days after doing really low squats. It's not muscle cramping either, it feels more like nerves or something but it can get bad. It will hurt like hell to squat all the way down when this happens. Feels like a sharp pain shoots from the top of my calfs down to my ankles. IDK if this is it though...

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
why do you have compartment syndrom in your calves? do you inject them?

babybull34

babybull34

Jul 11, 2011
I am not familiar with compartment syndrome, is this a flexing or seizing of a muscle group?

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
why do you have compartment syndrom in your calves? do you inject them?

Could be genetic with very tight fascia surrounding the muscle. And when calves get swollen from exercise the increased pressure can cause pain and constriction of blood flow. This is common with athletes and is called CCS-Chronic Compartment Syndrome. Another interesting point is that intravenous drug injection can also cause CS, I also believe that intramuscular drug injection in particular areas can also cause CS as well. i.e. so many people with leg swelling after pinning their quads.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Yeah i believe it is due to genetics, it is extremely painful. I'm hoping to be able to find a treatment which can help me avoid surgery.

babybull34

babybull34

Jul 11, 2011
Hope a solution can be found, MaNiCC. Best wishes with that.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Well four years on after seeing various "ahem" professionals and some saying they believe I have a very mild case with some saying I don't have it all and just have tight calves. On Tuesday I traveled to the other side of the country to see an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine, he inserted what I can only assume was a pressure gauge into my legs and confirmed a diagnosis of compartment syndrome. I will be having the anterior compartments on both legs released and possibly the bilateral compartments also. I have been informed it is approx eight weeks for a full recovery and a 15% chance I will never be able to run again

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
I watched a real TV emergency show last night. They were using this phrase Compartment Syndrome on a lady that was hit by a car. Her calve on one side was swelling bad and those Doc were concern blood flow to the muscle and foot could be restrictive and cause real damage quickly. So, before fixing her broken leg they sliced along the side of the calf to relieve the building pressure.

I saw this heading and that you updated it last week. It made me think there must be all level of CS. From what you are dealing with to what I saw last night. Hope this Doc you are seeing fixes the problem and has you up and running again. Im sure he knows what your end goal here is. Get back to an active lifestyle and be pain free.

All the best.
GC

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I watched a real TV emergency show last night. They were using this phrase Compartment Syndrome on a lady that was hit by a car. Her calve on one side was swelling bad and those Doc were concern blood flow to the muscle and foot could be restrictive and cause real damage quickly. So, before fixing her broken leg they sliced along the side of the calf to relieve the building pressure.

I saw this heading and that you updated it last week. It made me think there must be all level of CS. From what you are dealing with to what I saw last night. Hope this Doc you are seeing fixes the problem and has you up and running again. Im sure he knows what your end goal here is. Get back to an active lifestyle and be pain free.

All the best.
GC

There are two types of compartment syndrome, the one you saw last night was acute which is a medical emergency and can result in loss of limb.

Mine is chronic which is exercise induced, my pressure levels go back down once I stop doing the activity which caused the increase in pressure.

Here is a link which provides a brief overview of the differences http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00204

R

rssum23

May 21, 2013
IGot compartment syndrome from a serious arm break (radius and ulna). It was no joke...12 inch scar on my forearm and a skin graft from my thigh was the result...I hope no one else has that type of pain from that shit

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic