Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Comfort food.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I've been out of work 3 1/2 months now. And the boredom is setting in. I always liked to cook and I am a good cook. My latest thing is this cast iron skillet my sone got me for Christmas. Been really killing it with the burgers, Mushroom Swiss, Or Sauteed onions and cheese. Successfully made blueberry pancakes and fried eggs in it. Doing my best to keep it seasoned properly. Today I made a Skillet Corn Bread. Wow. I need to go back to work. But add to that. I have been making my own butter. Which is nice I cn control the salt content and the ingredients. Which there is one. Heavy Whipping Cream.

I will be in the gym today. Really light cardio and some weights. I don't want to overdo it. I go back to work in 2 weeks. But I can start to clean up the diet now.

1990679A-15F9-451E-9B33-E42E94218008.jpeg

8CA12437-2E4D-4F2C-889C-6F33D476CF8C.jpeg

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I love searing steaks and then rite into the oven with mine! Bacon is amazing and adds some flavor to the pan

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I love searing steaks and then rite into the oven with mine! Bacon is amazing and adds some flavor to the pan
Yes, I should have added that, Bacon was the first thing I cooked in it. And I think I have done a few pounds so far. Done 93 and 85 beef. I will grab some steaks soon enough. My shopping trip last week was $300.00 and thats just me and the wife. But I did stock up on Chicken,

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Only way to make corn bread.

Steak and butter fried up in there, you can't get much better rib eye crust.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Bro, I love corn bread. I'll go out for ribs and brisket and the damn corn bread is my favorite part of the meal. That looks awesome.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Yes, I should have added that, Bacon was the first thing I cooked in it. And I think I have done a few pounds so far. Done 93 and 85 beef. I will grab some steaks soon enough. My shopping trip last week was $300.00 and thats just me and the wife. But I did stock up on Chicken,
After you cook the bacon wipe pan out slightly and stick in oven to season it more

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I don't have a hood in my kitchen so it's hard to fry in this house. In my old house it was the only pan I used for anything. Pork chops, country ribs, chicken fried steak, steak, potatoes and onions, chicken cutlets. Literally anything you can think of is better in a cast iron pan.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Bro, I love corn bread. I'll go out for ribs and brisket and the damn corn bread is my favorite part of the meal. That looks awesome.
And this came out so good, most places you get it it's sweet. I am not a fan of overly sweet corn bread. This with my home-made butter. MMMmmm

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I don't have a hood in my kitchen so it's hard to fry in this house. In my old house it was the only pan I used for anything. Pork chops, country ribs, chicken fried steak, steak, potatoes and onions, chicken cutlets. Literally anything you can think of is better in a cast iron pan.
You're absolutely right. I will be making pork chops this week. I am going to the market again tomorrow. They had Ribeye on sale for 12.99 a pound.

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
I got a cast iron skillet a few months back too and I cannot explain how useful it turned out to be for me. Btw the skillet cornbread is looking really delicious.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic