NancyGal
What's New?

Collection Agencies

test
M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I got 2 calls from a collection agency on my voice mail. The name was from a legit company but when I went to their website and entered basic information nothing came up.
I checked my credit report and nothing.
I haven't had any experience with collection since 1995 when powerhouse gym came after me but the contact was in the mail.
I am not calling the number.
Just wonder if this is a scam.
Anyone deal with collection before?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Sounds like a scam bro. Wait to see if you get something in the mail.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
It’s a scam. They’ve become experts at convincing folks it’s real. These scam artists make a living doing this.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Thanks guys. I didn't think it was legit as nothing on the report. We will see if they call again. It's unreal the scams out there. I took my voice off my voice mail. People have been calling for months trying to get my voice on the record to try and steal my house title.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Do you owe anyone anything? If not delete it

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
It's unreal the scams out there. I took my voice off my voice mail. People have been calling for months trying to get my voice on the record to try and steal my house title.
One of the "great" things :eek: about our digital age is that scum that contact you are able to mask their area codes, url's, etc. that you think are really after you.

Credit reports take a while to incubate, initiate good old fashioned contact with the real entities with whom you have a mortgage, car loan, or credit cards to fact-check ... and gain peace of mind.

Yohimbe

Yohimbe

Feb 27, 2024
The amount of scam call I get these days is unreal. The scary ones are the calls asking you for more info regarding your "loan application". They prey on your worry that someone has taken your identity because they know that you know that you most likely haven't applied for any loans. They know people are likely to freak out and call back saying they don't have any loan applications out. As soon as you call back, they start asking for info. I absolutely, passionately hate scammers.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I get a call once a week from a place. Never got a piece of mail, ice been to several Dr's lately, checked all the portals, nothing. Nothing on my credit either so I marked them as scam.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic