pbtom
What's New?

Collagen Anyone?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hi ladies. I've seen a few women in bodybuilding do collagen supplementation (powder/pills, whatever). I'm late in my 40s and was thinking about incorporating this into my supplement routine. Was just curious if anyone has had any good benefits from it or not.

Meanwhile....i'll be researching about it and maybe just post stuff here.

Ciao!

Reactions: SAD
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think the research is still out on a collagen supplements. While I think it’s different for everyone you won’t know till you try it.

My cousin is getting the collagen peptides from Amazon, the grass fed one for $27. Black bottle, blue lettering.

I used 3 of those and never noticed anything from them.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I think its another gimmick. Another form of amino acids. If you eat grapes does your produce grapes?

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
There are a bunch of different supplements that are billed as "collagen boosters".

Glucosamine MIGHT provide a bit of relief for people with osteoarthritis (particularly of the knee) but is unlikely to be beneficial for systemic collagen synthesis.

Chondroitin is unlikely to be of any benefit whatsoever.

MSM might be helpful for exercise-induced oxidation and overall recovery, but the evidence suggests only marginal efficacy in general.

Type-II collagen/collagen peptides show some promise for reducing joint pain, but the studies thus far have been relatively small.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I know a guy. He’s effing weird, but he’s doing something right. Dude eats nothing but meat and animal products. Straight carnivore diet, 100% of the time. Drinks some fancy glowing water that Tom Brady drinks (has a $$$$$$ machine in his kitchen that does something to his water, i don’t know). And he swears by his collagen powder, which he’s always sipping on.

He’s weird. But his skin looks really bright and clear and he just looks a lot healthier than he used to. Not sure if this helps at all. I’ll ask him more about his collagen use.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Not a woman....
But I do take a collagen sup daily.
Why?
Helps with hair health (also take biotin) and I like my nice head of soft sexy hair lol
Helps with skin and nail health
Helps with connective tissue health
Helps with tendon and joint health

ebony_raven

ebony_raven

TID Lady Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hi ladies. I've seen a few women in bodybuilding do collagen supplementation (powder/pills, whatever). I'm late in my 40s and was thinking about incorporating this into my supplement routine. Was just curious if anyone has had any good benefits from it or not.

Meanwhile....i'll be researching about it and maybe just post stuff here.

Ciao!

I have used a collagen product called Zint for a few years. I’m very pleased and will take it the rest of my life! I get it on Amazon.

ebony_raven

ebony_raven

TID Lady Member
Jan 12, 2017
I know a guy. He’s effing weird, but he’s doing something right. Dude eats nothing but meat and animal products. Straight carnivore diet, 100% of the time. Drinks some fancy glowing water that Tom Brady drinks (has a $$$$$$ machine in his kitchen that does something to his water, i don’t know). And he swears by his collagen powder, which he’s always sipping on.

He’s weird. But his skin looks really bright and clear and he just looks a lot healthier than he used to. Not sure if this helps at all. I’ll ask him more about his collagen use.

What is this water product that you speak of??

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
http://www.kangen.net/

I think it’s malarkey, AND the machine costs thousands, PLURAL, to make your water alkaline and give it ions of some sort. But, like I said, my friend does look years younger since changing everything, and I mean pretty much everything. Who knows how much of what did this or that and the other, but to each his/her own.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I'm being lazy right now, but I've done the research on collagen....
- It DOES work... common sense would understandably say "a protein is a protein and gets broken down by the stomach", makes sense, BUT....
- It is also about the amino acid ratio of said protein and that different aminos affect different functions in the body

- The studies show that collagen DOES improve hair, nails and face quality (less fine lines)

Dosing is important though: 10 grams, twice a day

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic