Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Coffee Makers

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Baby Gaggia is nice for espresso drinkers. but you cant over pack them or they will breakdown due to pressure resistance from the tight fine coffee bean packing to tightly.

It makes a great espresso and doesn't ever burn the bean for the best flavor.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Cuisinart Grind and Brew is the better one!!

I love that company, they make quality products that last!!!
Our Cuisinart Grind and Brew lasted 10 years. It's a blade grinder model. I think the heating element is going out because it makes weak luke warm coffee now. I have to put my cup in a microwave to heat it up.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I have had Saeco Superautomatics for the past 15 years. They are grind and brew but not traditional 'american' coffee although, you can set up the machines to brew an 'americano'.

They are pressure brew but single serving at a time. (meaning you dont brew a 'pot').

I have absolutely loved mine (on my 3rd unit). First one broke after 10 years. (which I sold on ebay for 150 as parts). This past year, I finally bucked up and got a really nice one with an automatic milk frother carafe. I sold our 7 year old unit on craigs for $400. Long story short, they are expensive, but they are not 'throw away' units. I dont regret at all splurging on the one we have now.

I am not sure if like other types of coffee, cappuccino, espresso...etc, but you cant go wrong with a Saeco.

I bought a grind and brew for my Father-in-law, and the biggest thing you have to watch is the unit does not allow the steam to rise up and moisten the area of the grinder. At the time the capresso was the best and they still use the one I bought almost 10 years ago.

I looked at getting one a while back for when we have company so I dont have to explain to everyone how to use the cappuccino maker ;). The Breaville looked to be the best.

Here is a good article.
https://coffeegearathome.com/breville-youbrew-vs-cuisinart-grind-brew-whats-the-difference/

I saw that article you posted while I was doing research on coffee makers. That article and number of reviews rate the Breville to be the better coffee maker, but it is twice the price of the Cuisinart burr grind and brew. Still we are seriously thinking about getting the Breville. We do love our coffee.

Ziegler

Ziegler

Sep 9, 2015
The gf had me get her a 100 dollar coffee ninja for her b day

ridiculous because the mr coffee we bought at a garage sale for 10 bucks 2 years ago was working great

the coffee ninja has a steel carafe but no warmer

bottom line taste the same but doesnt stay as hot

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I am jealous of those of you who have the time and/or patience not to mention the cash for these fancy coffee makers. You are probably enjoying a much better cup but I am lazy and impatient and now take my keurig for granted. I can have a hot cup of half decent coffe within a minute of getting up.
Someday, when I retire I will grind and brew my own

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I have tried fancy ones and to be honest...i have gone back to a electric grinder and my ole percolator. I personally think whole bean freshly ground is STILL the best...and since I have switch to black rifle coffee I havent had a better cup...
blackriflecoffee.com is amazing coffee

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Keurig all the way for me. I drink a lot of coffee and there's nothing that beats a fresh cup each time.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I have tried fancy ones and to be honest...i have gone back to a electric grinder and my ole percolator. I personally think whole bean freshly ground is STILL the best...and since I have switch to black rifle coffee I havent had a better cup...
blackriflecoffee.com is amazing coffee

I've drank black rifle coffee before, it is good coffee.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Well for Christmas my wife and I got a Breville Control Grind and Brew coffee maker. So far I really like this coffee maker. It has a big digital screen on it's front and lets you select the size of the grind as well as adjust the strength of the coffee. You select how much coffee you want to brew and it automatically grinds the right amount of beans for that amount of coffee and brews it to your specifications. You can also use a yeti travel mug in place of the carafe if you want a quick mug of coffee to go. Most importantly it makes a good cup of coffee. I'm not saying that it makes a better cup of coffee than a French press or an espresso machine will but it is quick, convenient, and can brew from one to twelve cups of coffee at a time.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have a wife ...................she grinds it and brews it you clowns should try it :p
Leave the women's work to the women our job is making the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and spoiling them.
RR is gonna love this, but she knows me:eek::oops:

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
We just got a keurig cafe. Latte and expresso maker..... wonderful and easy to use and clean.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic