RalfKelleh
What's New?

Clown World

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you can camp out in the doorway of someone's business (negatively affecting his/her business), and you can steal up to $600 or so of commercial goods, and no arrests will be made. But if you force someone to move AFTER instructing them to move from an area immediately in front of your property that affects foot traffic, you will get arrested and booked into the jail (for a misdemeanor).

And I also think there is no-cash bail for non-violent felonies in SF. Complete lunacy.

If I was an enterprising organized criminal group (Italian/Russian/Chinese mafia), I'd start walking these neighborhoods and begin offering these businesses protection money. We'll keep your sidewalks clear and clean for a modest fee. Watch certain blocks clean right up!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you can camp out in the doorway of someone's business (negatively affecting his/her business), and you can steal up to $600 or so of commercial goods, and no arrests will be made. But if you force someone to move AFTER instructing them to move from an area immediately in front of your property that affects foot traffic, you will get arrested and booked into the jail (for a misdemeanor).

And I also think there is no-cash bail for non-violent felonies in SF. Complete lunacy.

If I was an enterprising organized criminal group (Italian/Russian/Chinese mafia), I'd start walking these neighborhoods and begin offering these businesses protection money. We'll keep your sidewalks clear and clean for a modest fee. Watch certain blocks clean right up!
The Mexican cartels have already moved in taking advantage of the non-existent drug policies and sanctuary city laws. I have a feeling with so much identity politics, the Russian mafia would be weeded out very quickly because they are white and, well....they are Russian. Blacks beat on Asians all the time in these areas and nothing happens, so I doubt a Chinese mafia would be very strong unless FJB stepped in, lol. Italians don't have the numbers or the politics on their side either...so they would just be considered as white racists. It would have to be either Mexicans or some African/black gangs. Chinese/Asian will have greater number than Russian and Italian though I believe.

Just my opinion...I may be 200% wrong:D

My bored assessment, heh heh heh!

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
you can steal up to $600 or so of commercial goods, and no arrests will be made
In California, voters raised dividing line between misdemeanors and felonies from $400 to $950 a few years ago. It was the same ballot measure that made personal use possession of small quantities of *any* drug a misdemeanor. I've posted about my frustrations with this before. It has *hugely* contributed to the crime and addiction problems in California. Doesn't matter much, though. You arrest someone for a non-violent felony and the county jail will release them as soon as the paperwork can be completed. The only time they will get bail attached is if they no-show to court and a warrant is issued.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic