Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Climbing is hard AF

HOB_Fly2023

HOB_Fly2023

Apr 27, 2023
Have you guys been to a climbing gym?

A buddy invited me to come climb with him, specifically bouldering. He is wirey and 140lbs soaking wet. He climbs probably 4 hours a day, everyday and can do pullups from a 1/4" ledge. I thought, "OK, I'm strong AF, this will be easy..."

Wrong!

That shyt is extremely difficult. I could pull myself up a few of the easier climbs, using only my arms, but you HAVE to use your legs and core to get anywhere on even the most basic routes. Plus, it completely wrecked my elbows in under an hour.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I don't think I could even begin to do this with my bum shoulders:(

....that, and I doubt my ass has the strength to do much at 250'ish pounds, at least much more than a few feet, lol!!!

Stuff is pretty cool though:)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That's why these ninja warrior types aren't over 180ish, lot of weight to try and move with smaller muscles.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I did a few mountain warfare packages and Mountain Leader's Course at Bridgeport, CA. I have done top roping and lead climbing. First time I went I was 190 lbs. The second time I went I was 255 lbs. What a fucking difference that made. Haha.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I am terrified of heights but I have done rock climbing indoors. Kind of under my control and I could climb as high as I felt comfortable. It's a lot of fun but it is hard work. Lot of controlled breathing a lot of holding yourself static while you're making decisions on where you're going.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yes, I have an issue with heights:( Not so much the going up, though it depends, but the going down crap:eek:

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I do climbing walls from time to time. It is fun and I am built for it. Skinny with strong grip and can do pull ups for days. Also skinny bird legs help too.

But even so, it takes a long while after topping and intermediate wall before I can attempt it again. Really taxes your hands, feet and core.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
I never tried it but my buddy I met when I first started jiu jitsu (we started at the same time) was an avid rock climber before jiu jitsu and he had insane grip strength like I imagine a gorilla having. When he locked up closed guard and grabbed your lapel it was exhausting just trying to escape.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic