pbtom
What's New?

Climate Change - Real or Not?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I will say the climate change topic even has the die hardest individuals starting to notice the changes. No one can deny that over the last 20 to 30 years the weather keeps getting different each year.

I grew up in the Midwest and each year the snow becomes less and less, and more rain falls each winter. The winters are more mild, and each year there are more mild days. Whether all the chemicals we dump into the air affect the climate or just a few, weather is like chemistry, you start changing the concentrations you’re going to change the volatility of the outcome.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
I will say the climate change topic even has the die hardest individuals starting to notice the changes. No one can deny that over the last 20 to 30 years the weather keeps getting different each year.

I grew up in the Midwest and each year the snow becomes less and less, and more rain falls each winter. The winters are more mild, and each year there are more mild days. Whether all the chemicals we dump into the air affect the climate or just a few, weather is like chemistry, you start changing the concentrations you’re going to change the volatility of the outcome.

It's been changing since the beginning of time. Libturdz cannot control or affect this in any way.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Climate change is real bright life on earth doesn’t have anything to do with the direction of the climate. It happens naturally progressively over thousands and millions of years we cannot control or manipulate it.
Environmental concern is absolutely a good thing, but climate change concern is all bullshit.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
It's been changing since the beginning of time. Libturdz cannot control or affect this in any way.
BUT…. (and I’M not a “libtart” in any way shape or form), the level of changes occurring are the most extreme / noticeably different than at any other time since any of us have been alive. That makes a BIG difference and something the “climate has always changed” crowd can’t honestly dispute.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Climate change is real bright life on earth doesn’t have anything to do with the direction of the climate. It happens naturally progressively over thousands and millions of years we cannot control or manipulate it.
Environmental concern is absolutely a good thing, but climate change concern is all bullshit.
Correct to an extent, Middy. Clearly, climate has changed continually over millions (or however long) of years existence. But the pace and degree of changes occurring are unlike any of us currently alive have previously experienced.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Reliable global hurricane data goes back to about 1980. Global data shows the total number of hurricanes decreasing over time (blue trend line), while the intensity of hurricanes (number of "major" hurricanes) showing a slight increase over the same time period (green trend line). Nothing in this data suggests any alarming changes greater than normal historical variability.

1678823210802.png

Reactions: ceo
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
That was updated September 2018. Some big boys have come along since, it'll be interesting to see if things get worse, better, or level off in the next 5 yrs.

I'm going short on coastal real estate, but I can't afford it anyway :(

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Would be interesting to see what the new data suggests. Would have been good if they had data going back 30-40 more years. I would not be buying Ocean Front property unless it comes with a lift lol...

LOL... I once thought climate change was Washington politics, however, when I started physically seeing changes, and realized it's getting weirder every year. I started doing my own research. I realized a few years ago why everything is happening. The problem is developing counties and really everywhere are industrializing quickly, building more, expanding, cutting down forests, and burning more fossil fuels. That quickly changes our planet's Landscape, fewer plants, and trees, and lowers Trees/Plants from drawing down CO2 from the atmosphere and absorbing CO2.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
The Climate Change between my balls and ass, after spending 2 hours in a 130-degree Florida attic, changing out an evaporator coil on a furnace is very real my friends. :p

Reactions: ceo
C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
BUT…. (and I’M not a “libtart” in any way shape or form), the level of changes occurring are the most extreme / noticeably different than at any other time since any of us have been alive. That makes a BIG difference and something the “climate has always changed” crowd can’t honestly dispute.
The length of time we've all been alive is less than a hundredth of a nanosecond in comparison to how long the earth has been around and its climate has been changing. We can't really say if what we are experiencing is extreme in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic