rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
"Climate Change" :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :rolleyes:

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
The length of time we've all been alive is less than a hundredth of a nanosecond in comparison to how long the earth has been around and its climate has been changing. We can't really say if what we are experiencing is extreme in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Agreed, no dispute there. My point is, it seems (to ME) counterintuitive to ignore and or refute that within the span of time that all of us currently alive have experienced — A significant and obvious / noticeable shift in weather patterns / climate has / is occurring.
Just as we shouldn’t ignore whatever evidence we have of past events, neither should / can we ignore what’s observably occurring here and now.

Last edited:
Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
the level of changes occurring are the most extreme / noticeably different than at any other time since any of us have been alive.
Does that mean "we" had any influence on it though? What's to say the slight changes noticed aren't just the natural ups and downs that would have happened regardless of our footprint. Maybe we as humans are just too young to realize it. Who's to say what's happening is even wrong for the world? Maybe we're heading in the right direction...

Reactions: ceo
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
The topic of climate change is like racism and discrimination in the following respect:

The political, opportunistic and vocal “activist” realm, creates and utilizes a vast array of focal points intended to fashion public at large thinking, beliefs and reaction.
The intent / motive to capitalize on crises result in a clusterfuck quagmire.
We’re then distracted by the resulting “straw-man” byproducts and the bandwagon effect occurs en masse — Manipulated opposing sides entrench themselves with all manner of assertions and beliefs.

That all the clusterfuckery becomes such the emotional hot buttons it does, and evokes all the distraction and irrationality it does, doesn’t add to, nor take from, the reality that these things (racism & discrimination, climate change, etc….) are factually existent — Sadly, the contentious way they wind up being perceived as a result of so much controversial clutter that’s made of them, allows them to continue improperly understood or addressed and we get no where productive. The societal impacts can be disastrous.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Does that mean "we" had any influence on it though? What's to say the slight changes noticed aren't just the natural ups and downs that would have happened regardless of our footprint. Maybe we as humans are just too young to realize it. Who's to say what's happening is even wrong for the world? Maybe we're heading in the right direction...
Ogre,
Would we be healthier if the foods and drinks we consumed weren’t artificial / processed “food like” concoctions they are, rather than unadulterated / manipulated natural whole foods?

Consider the many complex systems that make up our bodies. In a state of perfect homeostasis, we function as most optimally possible.
We know that when we intervene and tweak / manipulate our bodies, there’s a reaction / response that impacts us as a whole. Taking an exogenous hormone for instance causes our bodies to stop producing it (significantly reduces or increases / manipulates natural production) — Natural homeostasis of our physiological functions are affected / altered.

The earth / planet as well is made up of a variety of systems that function in a state of natural homeostasis. It stands to reason, and in smaller models / experiments. can be observed, that altering one or more aspects of a system creates a notable reaction.

I find it pretty much impossible to imagine or demonstrate that all of the things we’ve done / do as industrial and unnatural / artificial society, has no (or only little) impact upon the planet’s natural homeostasis.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Ogre,
Would we be healthier if the foods and drinks we consumed weren’t artificial / processed “food like” concoctions they are, rather than unadulterated / manipulated natural whole foods?

Consider the many complex systems that make up our bodies. In a state of perfect homeostasis, we function as most optimally possible.
We know that when we intervene and tweak / manipulate our bodies, there’s a reaction / response that impacts us as a whole. Taking an exogenous hormone for instance causes our bodies to stop producing it (significantly reduces or increases / manipulates natural production) — Natural homeostasis of our physiological functions are affected / altered.

The earth / planet as well is made up of a variety of systems that function in a state of natural homeostasis. It stands to reason, and in smaller models / experiments. can be observed, that altering one or more aspects of a system creates a notable reaction.

I find it pretty much impossible to imagine or demonstrate that all of the things we’ve done / do as industrial and unnatural / artificial society, has no (or only little) impact upon the planet’s natural homeostasis.
So what's to say this isn't just the earth reacting, trying to get back to homeostasis? Just because it's different than the past doesn't mean it's bad.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
So what's to say this isn't just the earth reacting, trying to get back to homeostasis? Just because it's different than the past doesn't mean it's bad.
It (the natural order) is trying to regain homeostasis — it continually does, just like our bodies try. And just like we (modem public) tends to do things to alter and impede our best balance (health), overall, modern society / industry, etc also negatively impacts climate to some degree.
Natural order isn’t going to stop doing what its nature intends — which is to balance. Unfortunately we won’t get to experience its best because we continue to impact it just like the health of the public at large negatively impacts itself by what it consumes and else wise how it lives.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Nasa scientists even say that the human factor on climate change is only 4%.

Which means it's probably only 0.4%.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Nasa scientists even say that the human factor on climate change is only 4%.

Which means it's probably only 0.4%.

“NASA scientists even say….”
NASA? Another MASSIVE black hole abyss where our tax dollars vanish, never to be seen. Another largely secretive institutional “scientific authority” not to be trusted. They’re also heavily invested in geoengineering.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Besides @kid666 new climate ball data which looks very promising. An article I stumbled across today which caught my attention was about Venice Italy and some canal’s running dry for the 2nd time since 2018. I did go through data, and they did say Venice deals with lots of flooding, but historically, not a drought problem and very low tides. From the data, there were lowest water levels recorded in 2008, 2018, and 2023. So my question to everyone is, if for centuries Venice has really built its infrastructure for waterways, dealing with flooding, and these drought events are rare, but happening now more frequently. What does that say?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
So my question to everyone is, if for centuries Venice has really built its infrastructure for waterways, dealing with flooding, and these drought events are rare, but happening now more frequently. What does that say?
Humans knowledge of what we think is normal and what was recorded is too small to know if this is just natures natural cycle. A few hundred years is a blink of an eye in the timeline of our planet.

AdelPetersen

AdelPetersen

Mar 15, 2023
My opinion. It's real. But it's gradual. It's not the immediate life or death scenario that some believe. However, it's not a non-issue like the Trumpies pretend it is.

Some of the changes are too far along to stop, too. Even with drastic action it may be too late. But we can take modest measures to reduce it's effect while safe guarding jobs and the economy while we transition to more efficient and cleaner power.

At the very least making gradual changes will result in less air and water pollution. That's a win. Another upside is that it will encourage new technological innovation and create the next generation of economic growth opportunities.
if people thought about it more often and more seriously and did not think that it was just news and fiction, then we would face it less, it's good that people are concerned about it and come up with solutions, but it takes years

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic