pbtom
What's New?

Cleveland Browns

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I think Hunt was a good signing for them. 2 or 3 draft picks away from the playoffs?

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
I think it's a good signing. One-year contract for a really good player: restricted free agent afterwards. It'll give them another dimension that should open up other things.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The guy is an excellent pick, and he's saying all the right things. However, if I didn't have such confidence in Dorsey as GM, I'd be scratching my head, as we drafted a RB last year (Chubb, I believe), who did quite well. So I'm wondering what we'd do with 2 quality backs like this. But Dorsey has my confidence until he shows me otherwise.

Browns lost a few close games early this past season. It's very possible they could be vying for a playoff spot in a year or two. They're young, and beginning to play well together. Just need to stop the silly penalties, and clean up the painful special teams screw ups. Plugging a few holes will always help... I just didn't think that RB was one of them.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Hell even if hes just half as physical hitting the hole as he is hitting woman hed be a steal. Fucking scumbag !!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hell even if hes just half as physical hitting the hole as he is hitting woman hed be a steal. Fucking scumbag !!!
Looks like he just shoved her out of the way from what I saw, would need more power than that on the line, even for Cleveland.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I think Mayfield is going to be fun to watch. One of 2 things happen next year - they slip into playoffs, or Mayfield has a bad sophomore slump.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I spoke with my FIL about this new RB yesterday, as he follows all that stuff, and he said talk radio in Cleveland were making all sorts of excuses for him. Saying the girl was egging him on, and throwing around a bunch of racial insults. I don't know... I saw the video (no sound), and he looked like a stupid moron, hanging out with a bunch of other stupid morons.

The guy put up some amazing numbers for his first 2 years in the league, but on a very good team. We shall see...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Hate to inject morality issues into a thread about big time sports, but is he a risk from a legal standpoint? One more misstep, esp. one that is filmed and goes viral on the Net, and he may wind up on the Jailed-Disabled list or at least a 3? game suspension.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
My hope is that he's not too big of a knucklehead, and that this event was enough to straighten him up and realize that despite his pro bowl numbers, that kind of behavior will end his career. Not all pro athletes are complete idiots, hopefully this was a wake up call that he responds positively to.

After the entire Josh Gordon debacle in Cleveland, it would be nice to get a strong player who's straightened up his act.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Mayfield has OBJ at his disposal now. Browns are legit.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Draft some big ass linemen and they will be all set.
Agreed, they need more depth on the offensive line.

The team is young and has quite a bit of talent and potential. Just need to clean up the messy special teams and reduce the penalties that killed them last year. Definitely showed their lack of experience.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic