Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Clenbuterol-fact vs. fiction

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Clenbuterol or "Clen" is a thermogenic used, usually near the end of a cycle or during PCT, by pro's and amatures alike. If it's used pre-contest or pre-beach vacation clen is stacked or used alone for the main purpose of "cutting."

The question on my mind is the extent of what clen, or any beta-2 agonists for that matter, is actually able to do. Many well respected people in our community make the claim that clen not only burns fat but is also mildly anabolic, and therefore is ideal for a cutting phase or PCT.

We know that clen is a thermogenic and therefore aids in burning off fat stores, but the base theory claiming anabolic/anticatabolic actions is due to the unsubstantiated claim that clen helps stimulate muscle protein synthesis. This would indeed inhibit muscle degradation, but this conclusion has been reached based on test results gathered from animals. These animals were also given doses beyond what a human would even consider dosing.

I tend to subscribe to a more logical thought. If clen does indeed increase muscle protein synthesis, it does so through the action of increasing nutrient delivery by simply increasing blood flow through the body. This is done by its ability to upgrade a persons basic metobolic function via increased body temp and most importantly heart rate!

So...does Clen not only shred you precontest, but also prevent muscle wasting? I don't think it does. I think in doses that are not even close to safe for a human there may be some anabolic properties, but at 100mcg's per day....I just don't see it.

Clen does however burn fat. I know it increases (slightly) a persons core tempature and metabolic rate. I know this simply due to the fact that I can and have taken it many times and I can look in the mirror...you can see the results (espically when stacked with Cytomel and/or an AAS generally used for cutting).

Bottom line is this...Clenbuterol works to give you that lean, dry look. If you stack with other chemicals that serve a similar function, I can promise you won't be let down even if clen doesn't have the first anabolic property.

Please let me know what you guys think....

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
well bigrobbie Ive never used it but that was and interesting post

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
It is a good cutting agent no doubt if you use it properly, but NO it's not anabolic in the amount we use as compared to the animal studies.

good post BR.

peace.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
It's a great thermogenic...I love it. Like Cytomel too, but I won't exceed 25 mcg/e.d. even on AAS....to worried about losing muscle mass! Plus I don't really dig screwing with my thyroid hormone production, just doesn't sit well with me! I always worry about hypothyroidism even though it's not even something I need to concern myself with....lol, I tend to frett over nothing! Ha!

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I personally like running clen, never went over 100mcg/ed. I like clen/T3 cycles. Definately took the advice to not abuse it so I don't permantly jack I up permently

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Anabolic? No. but in my experience I could agree with a mild anti-catabolic effect. It's great shit though, I don't think I would have gotten below 9% bodyfat without it. My only concern is heart damage. It fucked up horse hearts in one study(that I know of), but on the flip side it's being tested for use in heart failure.

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
It certainly has its place in what we do. I believe in its anti-catabolic effects when cutting. Although, I like to be on some sort of test (at least a cruising dose) to prevent too much muscle wasting. Just a precaution. Taper up to 140mcg then back down, low impact cardio a couple times a day (walking with dumbells, etc)...it will help shred you

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Do you guys prefer the tablets or a liquid (or syrup) Clenbuterol? I've always used liquid myself, but I'm wanting to use tablets for my next run....just curious what you all prefer.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Once you ingest it. It dissolves and is absorbed. Doesn't matter what state its in before.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
My thought is that the majority of research chem clen is not a good quality product. Each time I've had liquid/syrup and had more sides than results. The ONE time I used tabs was a great experience, really helped cut some fat a few years back

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
I've had shitty runs with chinese generic tabs (prob bunk) and great runs with cheap liquids (like, REALLY cheap from a certain research chem supplier). The raws are so cheap that I think some of the UG/research stuff is probably OVERdosed

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic