Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

clenbuterol and strength gains

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
there seems to be much controversy regarding clen use in general. most hate the side effects. some say it works great and some say it doesnt work at all. i have read some threads and it is only a thermogenic and others say it has some anabolic effects. :-?

so what does it do? what is it good for? is it only a thermogenic or does it have anabolic properties?

i have run clen cycles twice now (three times but the first one was when i was fat and had no idea what i was doing and didnt take it for very long). the first cycle was for 2 weeks. i started at around 20mcg and made my way up to 140mcg. the shakes sucked and the cramps werent great but i do feel like i had some good thermogenesis from it and fat loss.

my second cycle started on april 30th. some of you may remember my thread discussing dosing and some of the thoughts that i had in there about clenbuterols use in horses. i started at about 80mcg and then dropped to around 40mcg for a week or so and then back up to 80mcg. i have stayed there for almost 3 weeks now. i will end my cycle this saturday.

i wanted to take it like we administer in horses. i wanted to see what effects it would have at a low consistent dose. so what have i found out.....

well, i dont think at the lower dose that it has as much thermogenic capacity. i dont feel like i have lost much in the way of body fat although i cant say for sure as i havent measured it but based on the way the clothes fit and the way the pics look, i would say that it hasnt done much there.

side effects arent bad at all. i have taken 1000mg of taurine once daily, along with 500mg of K+ and Mg+. i took one shot of B12 5000mg IM about half way through. other than headaches when i havent drank enough water, everything else is minimal. mild shaking and mild cramps but nothing really bad.

the biggest effect i have seen, great strength improvement. i have been struggling with my chest workouts for 8 months. instead of increasing they have been decreasing and it was very frustrating. last week i got the 55# db for 10 reps and that hasnt happened for about 10 months. then today for bench i did 115# for 12, 135# for 8, 145# for 4 and 155# for 3. the 135# for 8, no spotter, is the most reps i have ever done at 135 before and i could have done two more had i had a spotter.

so i think maybe some should take another look at clen. yes, it does have some potential serious sides but if one can get some good anabolic effects at a fairly low dose, wouldnt that be a good thing?

has anybody else run it at low doses for an extended period of time?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I think it helps to preserve muscle a bit on pct besides giving you a bit of a boost when you normaly feel like hell during that time. Yea I've used it for 4 weeks before during and after pct.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Prob why its the pre-contest supp of choice. Dries you out, burns fat, gives tons of energy and as reported by many users, some strength gains too.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
2nd week in on my 3rd cycle of it. The first 2 went 3 weeks and this one will go 3 or 4. I don't get much sides at all after 2-3 days. The first 2 cycles I ate at a slight deficit. I lost some fat while holding on to my muscle. This one I am eating at a surplus. After 8 days I haven't gained a pound so I'm upping the cals a little more. My goal this time is to gain lean mass while limiting the fat increase. I'm not taking any AAS. When I get to the 3rd week I will pay close attention to the strength levels, as you mention ATW. I too have tried to do a lot of reading on clen and found pretty much the same info you did. I hope you are on to something.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Most claim that clenbuterol during or right after your PCT helps to keep your gains because it 'blocks' cortisol in some way, I have never seen the scientific proof to back this up . However There is good evidence of involvement in inhibition of ubiquitin-proteasome pathways, downstream of the GR, similar to any beta-adrenergic agent, but no link to actual blocking of the GR or of glucocorticoid activity. There is some level of anti-catabolism as a result of this interaction, and that is why beta-adrenergic agents generally tend to spare more muscle mass than other fat loss agents. Most likely the reason for some of the strength gains you are getting from Clen ATW.

I had to dig for this a bit, originaly wrote by Karl Hoffman (rip) and coppied by everyone l
Beta adrenergic agonists, either synthetic such as clenbuterol or albuterol, or naturally occurring epinephrine and norepinephrine also elevate cAMP and suppress calcium mediated protein breakdown9.
Ephedrine elevates cAMP directly by binding to beta receptors, and indirectly by increasing levels of the body's naturally occurring hormone/neurotransmitter norepinephrine.

Newly published research also shows that clenbuterol, besides inhibiting calcium dependent proteolysis, also acts to block ATP-ubiquitin mediated protein breakdown10.

Finally, both the lysosomal breakdown of protein and the ATP-ubiquitin proteolytic system are suppressed by insulin11,12, so adequate carbohydrate intake prior to, during and after strenuous exercise should help blunt these pathways of protein breakdown.

Last edited:
Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
I just saw a research study a few months ago that claims clen actually decreases strength... I can cite it if anyone wants it... That backs up my own experience with it as well.... Leaned me out good, but I def lost strength...

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I just saw a research study a few months ago that claims clen actually decreases strength... I can cite it if anyone wants it... That backs up my own experience with it as well.... Leaned me out good, but I def lost strength...

Yea please do, I would like to see this.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Yea please do, I would like to see this.

i would also like to see it. i think the amount of time on clen is what makes the difference, atleast for me. my 2 week cycle didnt do anything strength wise and did drop my lifts because of the cramps and such. but i was taking a much higher dose and the sides were a lot more.

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
i would also like to see it. i think the amount of time on clen is what makes the difference, atleast for me. my 2 week cycle didnt do anything strength wise and did drop my lifts because of the cramps and such. but i was taking a much higher dose and the sides were a lot more.

try albuterol next time....clen without the sides ;)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
try albuterol next time....clen without the sides ;)

yes, i have heard that. clen is just so easy for me to get. :) dont have to come up with any random reasons for why im using it in animals :D

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I'll add this to the discussion: I'm on day 11 of my third cycle of clen and I can't say that my strength has notably increased but in terms of endurance I have seen improvement. For the past 2 weeks I have been doing 2-a-days (noon and evening) and still have energy and strength to spare. I can't say that the clen is directly responsible for this (as workout energy has never been a problem) but it certainly hasn't had any negative effect.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic