Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Clen...is it still thought of as an anti-catabolic?

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
The popular view of Clenbuterol being an anti catabolic / mild anabolic is still in the minds of many people. I still read forum posts and blogs making the claim, but to the best of my knowledge this has never been proven in humans.

Clen is a thermogenic / bronchodilator, it's great for "get up and go" and it's great on cycle to keep some water weight in check and it's good for PCT to combat the decline in energy some of us get from running "off cycle."

From what I can find online about Clen being an anti catabolic / mildly androgenic (and there is TONS!) I've seen no studies that prove Clen acts like nothing more than a thermogenic fat burner in humans.

The claim Clen is capable of these muscle preserving / muscle building properties seems to be based on observations made when Clen was given to race horses to improve airflow intake or cattle and other livestock with inflammatory airway disease. Trainers and farmers noticed an increase in body weight and a noticable drop in body fat percentage.

Now lets look at this conversion and you will see why Clen is probably dose dependant in order to be anti catabolic / androgenic. 1 mg of Clen = 1000 mcg of Clen. The average dosage humans is 40-160 mcg. The dosage given to race horses for maximum oxygen intake or for cattle with inflammatory airway disease is approx. 1 mg per every kg of the animals body weight! That's 1000 mcg per every 2 lbs the animal weighs!

My point is this...at the meager (by comparison) dosages us humans take, I think we see great energy and fat loss but I don't think it is anabolic or anti catabolic. Now, I think there is merit to the claim that Clen helps keep gains during PCT simply due to the fact that you can still consume higher calories without experiencing dramatic bf gains.

If anyone has any references or links to articles that dispute what I've posted please hook it up and share! I'd love some feed back!

Thanks guys!!

AeroSpaceEngineer

AeroSpaceEngineer

Sep 19, 2010
BigRobbie this will be a short debate because clen IS a thermogenic and I have never heard anyone make the claim that it has ANY anabolic properties. What you posted was a decent read, however it makes me wonder who the "many people" are who make the claims to the contrary.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Google Clen for PCT or Clen anti catabolic / mild anabolic you may be suprised!

AeroSpaceEngineer

AeroSpaceEngineer

Sep 19, 2010
On clenbuterol.com they claim that

"Its effects, however, can by all means be compared to those of steroids. Similar to a combination of Winstrol Depot and Oxandrolone, Clenbuterol can cause a solid, highly qualitative muscle growth which goes hand in hand with a significant strength gain. "

If you believe that I have some Unicorns for sale..

You are absolutely correct by saying that there are no credible studies that will prove clenbuterol.com's claim to be true.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
It's some of the most absurd articles, ad's, threads and blogs I've ever read, and I read it all the time...people believe what they are told without question, I think...

I mean, if it (Clen) displayed anabolic properties then why would there be such a concern with going catabolic from T3 while on a Clen/Cytomel stack....it's just never added up and I have yet to read any medical documentation or blind controled study of Clen's possible "anabolic properties" in humans.

Thanks for taking an interest in this post bro...been driving me nuts for a long time now and I had to vent! LOL!!

On clenbuterol.com they claim that

"Its effects, however, can by all means be compared to those of steroids. Similar to a combination of Winstrol Depot and Oxandrolone, Clenbuterol can cause a solid, highly qualitative muscle growth which goes hand in hand with a significant strength gain. "

If you believe that I have some Unicorns for sale..

You are absolutely correct by saying that there are no credible studies that will prove clenbuterol.com's claim to be true.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Every time I used it I noticed no increased anti-catabolic activity whatsoever- especially when you were in a caloric deificit and had low bodyfat, a time that making such observations in body composition is the easiest.
It always seemed to help with bodyfat loss but as I say my personal observation was no anti-catabolic/anabolic activity.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I think the only plausible thing to do while running T3 is to run a small(er) dose of test and tren as an anti-catabolic factor. IMO, there is nothing better than Tren to keep and even gain muscle mass while on a caloric deficit. Some people like to take T3 while off cycle, so this won't work for them. But, I'm not sure that Clen doesn't have anti-catabolic properties. I remember having a long chat with Conciliator on Meso about this very subject and he brought up a few studies in which Albuterol was shown to have anti-catabolic properties in humans. I don't think there was a specific study on Clen that showed the same results. But, since the two are so similar it makes me wonder.

I think the main thing you have to consider here is the point of view. Since the T3/clen combo is so popular for cutting, let's examine it from that angle. For someone taking an average to high-average clen dose (80mcg ED to 120mcg ED) who is also taking 20-40mcg of T3 per day might describe Clen as being anti-catabolic. However, someone on the same Clen dose but a higher dose of T3 (80mcg ED - 100mgED) might say that Clen does not exhibit this property. The reality is that T3 is very catabolic at the last dose range I previously mentioned. It will take something pretty strong (like Tren) to minimize or slow muscle loss. At lower doses, T3 is completely manageable and should be included in most bulking cycles (that's a different story completely that I'll get into later). So, an individual consuming the lower end daily dose of T3 might view Clen as Anti-Catabolic because the muscle loss is not visible to the naked eye. Also, the "get up and go" that Clen provides as a thermogenic can be mistaken for strength gains.

As far as Clen being anti-catabolic on it's own....I just don't think there's been enough studies done on humans. And I don't think there will be. But, the bottom line is, if you enjoy using Clen as a thermogenic, you will continue to use it. If you like the Clen/T3 combo, you'll probably stick with it. For all those who are undecided on the matter, I would urge you to look into albuterol. Far less sides with a more frequent dosage. That's all I'm going to say for now, check it out for yourself.

AeroSpaceEngineer

AeroSpaceEngineer

Sep 19, 2010
It's some of the most absurd articles, ad's, threads and blogs I've ever read, and I read it all the time...people believe what they are told without question, I think...

I mean, if it (Clen) displayed anabolic properties then why would there be such a concern with going catabolic from T3 while on a Clen/Cytomel stack....it's just never added up and I have yet to read any medical documentation or blind controled study of Clen's possible "anabolic properties" in humans.

Thanks for taking an interest in this post bro...been driving me nuts for a long time now and I had to vent! LOL!!

I can, after doing a few searches, understand why. Like I said before, until I read your thread I had no idea people were shoveling this kind of garbage about clen. This just goes to show how gullible people can be when it comes to something they don't understand. Which just reinforces the fact that EVERYONE should research before they start ANY type of compound.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Would you buy a car if you had never test drove it and gotten zero reviews? Not too smart. Same thing goes for any compound mentioned here. BigRobbie has been the man for awhile and really knows his shit. So, I thank him for posting about this controversial topic. I think we will find that 5 years from now scientists will have completely different views about the same compounds we use now. It's just the nature of the game.

G

Greenmonster

Sep 28, 2010
I think a lot of the anabolic/anti-catabolic properties people experience from clen is from nutrient repartitioning. You burn up and use all of the nutrients that you take in and in conjunction with aas, it all goes to the right places. You burn fat as well because there is still a need for energy supply. I get the same effect with tren but to a much greater degree. Like get some mentioned about tren and clen, the combo is nothing short of amazing. I dont run clen anymore for the simple fact that it fries my CNS every time and makes me feel like garbage at the end of my two wk cycle. That doesnt mean that I didnt get good results from it. I think a lot of the anabolic claims are optical illusions. As you cut you bring out the muscle more and you look better. As well as having a full look since you still have some good glycogen stores in muscles from the repartitioning. Just my .02

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I am using clen right now... I like the stimulant aspect... but I cant help but feel a noticeable loss in strength and over all lack desire to work out... is this common?

G

Greenmonster

Sep 28, 2010
It was the same with me. Your cns is being over stimulated by it which will cause a lack of strength and being worn out or fried. Your neurons wont fire properly to your muscle to get the big weight up. I got that at a dose of 120mcg/day. I dropped it to 80mcg and it wasnt as bad. How much are you running per day?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic