Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Circus tricks. 2xbw for reps (405x20)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Havent posted in a while. Figured I'd put this up.

I have taken the last 5 weeks off deads. (after a very heavy deadlift training cycle where I was trying to hit a 650 single) Went in today to knock the dust off again.
I have been dropping weight so I figured I would do a 2xBW set just for the fun of it (I'm at 201 right now).

Only thing this proves is I need to do more cardio! :D I was not muscularly fatigued, I just ran out of damn breath. If I was in decent shape, I am pretty sure I could have kept pulling for a good amount more. No real point in doing stuff like this other then it is fun. ;)

I did not want to be one of those internet vids where the guy passes out and slams his face into the bar after a set of deads so I figured 20 was a good stopping point ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
That's facking awesome. Solid, hardcore lifting, mac.

You probably haven't considered any cf style of metcon
for conditioning/endurance since most here hate on it but I use
it in my training and my endurance is higher than it's
ever been while maintaining strength (actually pr'd
quite a bit recently)

Dtownry

Dtownry

Jun 13, 2014
That looked like it sucked. Good set dood.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Damn that is cardio. Good show Mac

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Good to see you posting Mac. That was impressive bro. Your form was incredible the entire time. Good work man. Also, I'm a little jealous of your setup there.

.......and maybe how easy that looked for you too lol

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
That is pretty awesome. Even more so 200lbs!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Solid. You'll get more carry-over to your 1rm when doing reps if you reset each time vs. touch-and-go. Since I completely stopped bouncing rep sets on deadlifts, my 1rm has gone up steadily. I love(hate) deadlift reps, and they suck(work better) if they are done as if each one was a single. Give it a shot for a cycle and see if it doesn't have more positive effects on you peak strength.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks guys.... just having some fun!

SAD

When doing 'real' training, I do deads from a dead stop. Every so often, I like to throw in some t&G work. It is more for overall stimulation deep in the back then it is for bumping my strength.

I never hit my 650 single. The comp I was going to do conflicted with my daughters dance so I had to drop out.

This was my last training session where I was working deads a lot. This was supposed to be a 620 double, but I locked my legs out too early on the 2nd one. (I had been sick this whole week) I know I had a good single in me, but I didnt want to pull it since I had to bomb out of my comp.

At some point I am going to hit deads heavy again......I want to get everything to come together with no injuries and do a good full power meet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SAD
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic