jacobss
What's New?

Ciprofloxacin - and Training

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I did a search of all TID for ciprofloxacin.....so trying to make my own decisions here....
I come down with a UTI last week, and they prescribed me some macrobid. Sent the cultures out and got them returned and the doc said the bacteria i have will not respond to macrobid and wants to put me on some lecifin something or other....but then decided upon ciprofoxacin.
She asked me if i was a runner, i said no why, she said there are side affects of tendonopathy.. i said i work out so she changed from that L word antibiotic to ciprofloxacin.
So i've been doin a lot of research on these side affects and trying to help myself make a decision....i mean i want this bacteria gone yes, but not at the risk of my tendons as I work out 5 x's /week and lift weights and need my tendons in tip top shape (what's left of them...lol, i'm 53yrs old right now-female).

So far i have not taken this cipro antibiotic and have been weighing in on taking it or not.....i guess worst case, the bacteria would come back.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
By L word you mean Levaquin, right? I wouldn't touch that stuff. It gives me panic attacks as well (go figure). I've used Cipro quite a bit for flareups of SIBO (ten day courses of 500mg twice a day) and not had any issues structurally. I'm sure you move heavier weight than I do, but I push very hard, and beyond just age-related garbage like my shoulder or scap, have yet had issues with tendons or other soft tissue that I thought I could attribute to the Cipro.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
By L word you mean Levaquin, right? I wouldn't touch that stuff. It gives me panic attacks as well (go figure). I've used Cipro quite a bit for flareups of SIBO (ten day courses of 500mg twice a day) and not had any issues structurally. I'm sure you move heavier weight than I do, but I push very hard, and beyond just age-related garbage like my shoulder or scap, have yet had issues with tendons or other soft tissue that I thought I could attribute to the Cipro.

Thanks Beef, and yea Levaquin, just couldn't remember the name lol. Thanks
Obviously it has been a very long time since i have had to take antibiotics...lol.
The cipro i got was a 5 day run, at 500mg every 12 hrs.
All those side affects just scared the heck outta me.
My hubs said I wouldn't be taking enough to have an impact. But here's the deal: we all react differently to different meds and i won't know until i take it LOL. I say i just save the script and use it if i need it next time LOL.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I did a search of all TID for ciprofloxacin.....so trying to make my own decisions here....
I come down with a UTI last week, and they prescribed me some macrobid. Sent the cultures out and got them returned and the doc said the bacteria i have will not respond to macrobid and wants to put me on some lecifin something or other....but then decided upon ciprofoxacin.
She asked me if i was a runner, i said no why, she said there are side affects of tendonopathy.. i said i work out so she changed from that L word antibiotic to ciprofloxacin.
So i've been doin a lot of research on these side affects and trying to help myself make a decision....i mean i want this bacteria gone yes, but not at the risk of my tendons as I work out 5 x's /week and lift weights and need my tendons in tip top shape (what's left of them...lol, i'm 53yrs old right now-female).

So far i have not taken this cipro antibiotic and have been weighing in on taking it or not.....i guess worst case, the bacteria would come back.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013

OH man, thanks @Wilson6

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic