Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Chronic Tiredness

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I use about 25mg of Modafinil a day, its gives me a nice little pick me up and it doesnt mess with my sleep at night. The issue is you build a tolerance extremely fast so I take it Monday through Thursday. It works great.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Have you ever had a sleep study done? Or looked into if you could potentially have narcolepsy? I used to wake up every day feeling like I got hit by a fucking train every morning. It didn’t matter what time I went to bed or how much sleep I thought I got. I was like Fuck, I gotta figure this out. Something isn’t normal. I thought my test was just low. I went and had labs ran and everything was good, test was in mid range, not even on the low side or low normal. So I was like wtf. I ended up being referred to a sleep clinic once I told them about a lot of my
Issues at night. Having sleep paralysis, nightmares, waking up feeling exhausted in the morning no matter what, etc etc. There are some
Other things that go into the nightmares and stuff, from life experiences. I knew that. But I also knew there was something more. I ended up doing a sleep study and found out I had sleep apnea. I was going to suggest looking to that, but then I read the letter that you can sleep for 11 hours. But also, how many times during that time do you get up? Do you wake up a lot at night? Do you wake up sometimes feeling like you’re gasping for air? I’m just trying to think of different things. And you having this issues since a young child makes me even more unsure what it could be. Is it possible that it’s just depression? Depression can do a lot different shit to people. Trauma as well. Is there anything you haven’t looked into or considered? And I’m really surprised but also not surprised that they thought throwing you in adderall was the right thing to do. I understand that for people that don’t need those medications for ADHD, it can have a very high stimulant and energy effect. But to see a doctor prescribing it to someone for that reason, blows my mind. I hope you figure it
Out man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I had a sleep study done about 5 years ago and they found nothing abnormal. I could ask for them to do another one. I increased the vitamin D to 10,000 IU a day and I feel a bit more awake than before. I don't want to take amphetamines ever again. I was prescribed them as a child and because of that I looked at them as just another supplement when I was in college. I got addicted to them. Coming off really sucked. I don't want to go through that a second time.

Slic.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I had a sleep study done about 5 years ago and they found nothing abnormal. I could ask for them to do another one. I increased the vitamin D to 10,000 IU a day and I feel a bit more awake than before. I don't want to take amphetamines ever again. I was prescribed them as a child and because of that I looked at them as just another supplement when I was in college. I got addicted to them. Coming off really sucked. I don't want to go through that a second time.

Slic.
Question, do you wear a heart rate monitor to bed or a sleep watch that measures your sleep stages? Would like to know what your heart rate is during sleep and your sleep stages. How much deep sleep you get vs other sleep stages.

I also just learned something the other day. How you wake up determines how refreshed you feel per day. There is something called Heart Rate variability. And when you wake up, you shouldn’t jump out of bed, but instead lay still and do a minute of relaxed breathing exercises. This is supposed to help with stress.

I can tell you I personally that when I did this I did feel more awake and energized. I need to try to remember to do this before sleep and when I wake up.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
It's good to hear u are FINALLY getting some where with this!...☺

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I took the approach of excluding all the doctors my psychiatrist recommended. I didn't schedule appointments with anyone she told me was good because everyone she has recommended has always refused to treat. It's been 100% consistent in that regard. I had an appointment with a physician today, showed him the bloodwork, and asked for a referral to a urologist or endocrinologist. I thought he would tell me why he wasn't willing to treat or give me a referral but he didn't argue or even object. I got the referral in under 5 minutes. This at least has the potential to get a hormone panel done by a decent doctor and hopefully figure out what the problem is. He recommended a hospital about 30 minutes from here for the urologist. It was pleasantly surprising to find out that not all doctors in 2022 are incompetent.

Slic.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
You are not alone bro. I've suffered what is known of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It's fucked. Just like your symptoms I've always struggled with feeling tired. I would always most always fall asleep in class all throughout school, College not so much because I wasn't there the whole day, and at work by 11am I am falling asleep. It's a genetic fucked up disorder. I just live with it. I don't take meds. I don't do pharma other than the bro science. Luckily when I work from home for my lunch hour I use the full hour to sleep. I can sleep forever. There have been times on the weekends I will just sleep 10+. Luckily I don't have any cognitive thinking side effects from this. I can rip new ones using my analytical skills. I just have to manage my time. For me there are times I don't produce a good amount of insulin to break down the sugars levels that is when it is at its worst state.

P

Pen Sillman

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Warhead 14 gave the answer. Modafinil (Provigil). It is a drug used to fight narcolepsy among other things.
It is very benign compared to taking amphetamines. It is taken by military pilots on long flights to fight drowsiness. I can't say enough good about it and it won't negatively affect your normal sleep. Shit was a miracle drug for me, but as Warhead stated, you can build a tolerance to it.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
How reactive are you to downers? Sleep aids? Other depressants like alcohol etc?

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Alcohol: it takes a lot. I was drunk for the better part of 7 years. No OWI's thankfully but if I had gotten pulled over in the morning it would have been questionable. I want to say 4 double shots of gin after work and then 4 or more 8+% ABV beers at night. Typically those 4 double shots would be in 45 min to an hour depending on how much work sucked that day. It wasn't unusual for a friend and I to drink 750mL in 45 minutes between the two of us. I've been clean for a little over two years.
Ambien has to be stacked with other shit to work. I'd have to think about all the sleeping meds I experimented with in college.

Lately what's been working well is these energy drinks with ginseng, lions mane extract, and cordyceps extract. There's another supplement I've taken that was recommended but I know next to nothing about it. When I was in school I basically had detention every single day and if I skipped those I would get suspended so I would get a week off here and there. Wasn't unusual to get suspended for a week or two every few months. Just couldn't stay awake in class. If you figure I had class 20 days a month I was probably tardy for 18 or more of those days. It was pretty rare my senior year to make it to class by 730am. Most days it was about 815 or 820am and class was over at 826am. I got written up pretty much every day for falling asleep in class. I think I had three associate principals when I was in high school and that was because none of them could get through to me. I don't think it dawned on them there might be something medically wrong. My English teacher was the most pissed off about it. I slept through a few times of him slamming a book down on my desk which infuriated him even more. Some of the physical threats I got from teachers served to really fuck up my conscience in the long run.

Slic.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Warhead 14 gave the answer. Modafinil (Provigil). It is a drug used to fight narcolepsy among other things.
It is very benign compared to taking amphetamines. It is taken by military pilots on long flights to fight drowsiness. I can't say enough good about it and it won't negatively affect your normal sleep. Shit was a miracle drug for me, but as Warhead stated, you can build a tolerance to it.

That doesn't work very well. I've tried that and coleus forskohlii. I just feel like shit all day on that stuff.

Slic.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Do you drink coffee first thing? My son got me to stop that and wait 90 minutes. Also I do a 6-8 minute light stretching and ab routine before shower. I can tell you I have not been tired at all since starting. He watched a podcast of some sleep doc that stated it is best for the body to normalize "awake" hormones before drinking caffeine. Also a little exercise will boost and kick start those.

Seriously, I feel way better.

Also do you check your blood sugar levels?

When I started GH I was tired all the time, I take berberine first thing in the morn. It helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps spike form happening. Even on days off GH I feel better when I take it.

Lastly, eat only protein and fat for breakfast. Cereal and such will lead to a crash, then you eat lunch and make it worse.

Good luck bro.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic