Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Chronic Tiredness

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
He ordered the first round of tests and told me that testosterone and vitamin D were very low. Thyroid needs more testing.

Slic.

What were your numbers? As for thyroid, I had a go-round with real low levels; it made me feel like shit for 2-3 months. After I went though the thyroid issue, I knew the difference between being tired and real fatigue.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
It's good to see u are moving forward!!!!...Hopefully, u can get a diagnosis?....I'm sure u would be a little appreciative if u can find some way to treat this?....Again, good to hear u are getting somewhere!....

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Didn't see the post about your blood tests- hopefully your doctor will treat clinical symptoms and not numbers... there are some conditions they're finding to get better results that way... whats in the normal range for one person may not benefit another.

luckysaint

luckysaint

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
Have to work on the source. Orexin is the "wakefulness" neuropeptide. Look up how Orexin can be inhibited through foods, lifestyle, etc. ONE reason why many on low-carb diets feel more awake and better concentration (once you get through the initial difficulty).

Good to know Myo, TY

Lucky

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Have to work on the source. Orexin is the "wakefulness" neuropeptide. Look up how Orexin can be inhibited through foods, lifestyle, etc. ONE reason why many on low-carb diets feel more awake and better concentration (once you get through the initial difficulty).

Does Orexin "really" help with BAT?....

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
How’s everything going Slic, and how are you feeling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckysaint

luckysaint

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
That is RBC I believe. Is that correct?
Thats Red Blood Count...

Slic.

It would be under Hgb, range is like 13.1-17.2, mine is about 15.2 right in the middle

Lucky

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I had a conversation with a friend I went to school with years ago who later became a doctor. I shared with him the test results that would actually load online. He was appalled at how bad my doctor actually is. He said I should have been given a prescription for the very low vitamin D. My doctor told me to go to the store and buy a vitamin D supplement but didn't give me instruction on dosage or type. My friend said I need to be on 50,000 IU D3 a week for the next 6 to 8 weeks then 5,000 IU a day. From looking at the test results he believes it may be chronic fatigue syndrome. That's a hell of a lot more info than my doctor gave me. This is what was shared in an off the cuff conversation on how bad western medicine is. My friend said I need to see an endocrinologist as well. This is precisely why doctors that are older than retirement age need to retire. My friend was surprised that my primary care doctor didn't catch this.

Slic.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
First off sorry to hear of the lifelong issues with sleep. Insurance limitations suck big time. I had a coworker that had the same problem. She was a really nice beautiful girl that had everything in life destroyed by excessive daytime sleepiness. She required at least 12 hours sleep a day . She would hit the sack after work and not get up until 8 am the next day.
Weekends she'd sleep 16 hours a day.
She got diagnosed with narcolepsy after years of stimulants and antidepressants. She got diagnosed by a neurologist and they put her on prescription ghb xyrem? and she is able to lead a more normal life. I haven't seen her in years but can reach out. Don't give up and take care .

S

SD1959

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
Sorry if I missed it and am being repetetive. Are you using any depression or anxiety meds? Just throwing against the wall as most can whack you hard. Just a guess.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
No depression meds or benzos of any type. My psychiatrist is pushing both but I'm not taking those.

Slic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic