Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Chronic Tiredness

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Idiopathic hypersomnia, has this been looked into, Slic?...It's usually not caught....Also, it doesn't have any biological markers, I believe...Makes it hard to diagnose....Still researching....

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Idiopathic hypersomnia, has this been looked into, Slic?...It's usually not caught....Also, it doesn't have any biological markers, I believe...Makes it hard to diagnose....Still researching....

I had a sleep study done and they claimed that everything was normal. Getting an endocrinologist or a primary care doctor to run the labs hasn't happened. I could ask for another sleep study at a different facility. Do you think there is a point to that?

Slic.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I had a sleep study done and they claimed that everything was normal. Getting an endocrinologist or a primary care doctor to run the labs hasn't happened. I could ask for another sleep study at a different facility. Do you think there is a point to that?

Slic.

Slic, keep in mind, I'm just doing research on your behalf, brah....In other words, I don't know what the "best" option is....Take a look at that version of sleep disorder and see if it matches your scenario...When I read up on it, it did seem to have a lot of your mentioned symptoms....What caught my attention was the fact that it is hard to diagnose and they miss it regularly....Also the other factor that stood out was the issue of it not throwing any bio markers and this disorder starts in people when they are young.....Again, research it and see if those symptoms are what u have....

But yeah, I would personally request that someone do a more in-depth study on u....No doubt about it....However, if it is this particular disorder, from what I read, there is no cure per say....All they will do is prescribe what u are already being scripted....I'm still looking at other research and wish u the best, brah....Keep us informed!....

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I'm checking out the hospitals this week. Thanks @JackD for the suggestions. @BackAtIt I'm reading up on it tonight. I'm really hopeful I will find someone competent that can help figure it out.

Slic.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Keep me updated! Best of luck!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
This issue has been going on since I was a child. It's why they put me on prescription amphetamines. Getting a script for adderall is incredibly easy. I believe there is 3 different tests for thyroid and 2 for testosterone. TSH, T3, T4 for thyroid and total test, free test for testosterone. I have zero chance of my primary care doctor doing anything whatsoever. My doctors just pass the buck and won't do shit to help.

Slic.
Find a new doctor.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
To give everyone an update I found a decent doctor after I flat out refused to take the adderall and benzos. My psychiatrist stopped pushing it and instead gave me the name of a doctor. I met with him and he seems to be willing to order bloodwork. He ordered the first round of tests and told me that testosterone and vitamin D were very low. Thyroid needs more testing. They're going to retest the testosterone and whatever else before 10am. I had the first round done at 1230pm. I'm going to be meeting with him in about a week. I'm guessing he'll refer me to an endocrinologist or urologist. I also got tested for autoimmune disorders. It's likely I'll be having another sleep study done. The western medicine doctor said he wants to be very thorough which is a good sign. I'm guessing the second round of testing will be pretty extensive now that he can justify running those tests to the insurance company.

I found a holistic doctor as well. He gave me some dietary changes and said I need lots more sun and fresh air. Lots more sun and fresh air means lots more cigars. He has me going outside three times a day. First for sun rise, then mid day, then sunset.

Slic.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
If you need Vitamin D, then you need sun exposure. Not sure going out at sunset will help much.

10-15 minutes sun exposure a couple times a day to a large portion of your body. If if you can go out with shorts and no shirt that's best. This should be before applying any sunscreen if you're planning on longer exposure.

Also, it takes a while to build up D levels.

As a bonus, D will help keep the covid away too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

luckysaint

luckysaint

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
I have had this issue my whole life. My parents took me to the primary care doctor who referred them to an endocrinologist when I was 7 years old. I have consistently felt tired. I remember the endocrinologist ran a bunch of tests and found nothing out of the ordinary so he referred them to a neurologist who ran more tests and found nothing. I have repeated this same process multiple times as an adult. The end result is that I am then referred to a psychiatrist who prescribes prescription amphetamines. I've been clean off those for 16 years. Since then that's been the end result every time I see a new doctor. I am planning to have blood work done which I will post here to see if anyone sees anything out of the ordinary. There's a few things I find odd with whatever is going on. First I sleep for 10 hours each night. I wake up feeling refreshed. That feeling lasts for 15 to 30 minutes. That's enough time to make breakfast and start a pot of coffee. Then after coffee I feel awake for another hour. I then take a bunch of herbs that stimulate me enough to make it out of the house about 90 minutes later. If I wasn't taking those herbs I would go back to sleep. Before I starting taking the herbs I would go back to sleep and kill the rest of the day. The stimulating herbs are the only thing that wakes me up enough and keeps me awake enough to drive the 10 minutes to work. I'm then feeling good for the next 2 hours. The part that I haven't been able to figure out or make any sense of is that the tiredness comes in waves. I'll feel good one minute and tired the next. The tiredness feeling can last 5 minutes or it can last 2 hours. It's a constant yoyo, which is why the psychiatrist is pushing adderall yet again. I don't really care for how amphetamines make me feel or the person I am on them. I can be a real asshole and it alters my mood. I won't go back on those no matter how many times my current psychiatrist and all the previous psychiatrists suggest it. I had the 23andme testing. The person I hired to interpret those results suggested the herbs which help tremendously. It's the constant yoyo type effect that is incredibly perplexing, so I'm going to order blood work to see what the endocrinologist sees. I've seen a good half dozen endocrinologists or more over the course of my life. I'm sure some of them are incompetent, but surely they can't all be. Does anyone have any ideas of other tests to run or what this could possibly be? I'm looking for a new psychiatrist. I've also tried modafinil and while I am awake I feel exhausted all day. In the last 20 years I've seen at least a dozen different psychiatrists. I think the number is probably closer to 20. I typically see one until they insist on prescription amphetamines and then I find a new one and just repeat the process. I've been on ritalin, wellbutrin, and adderall in the extended release that last 8 hours and the tabs that last 4 hours. Without it I would have not made it through college. This caused a shitload of problems when I was a kid and even on ritalin I would still fall asleep in classes. I can't think of what this could possibly be and all the doctors I have seen are clueless. I spent part of today looking for a new psychiatrist.

I have had brain scans done. I've had wires hooked up to my head for testing. I've spent the better part of two weeks with one doctor or another in a hospital while they did testing and stuck me in various machines. I'm happy to detail the dosages of the different prescription amphetamines that I've been on if anyone thinks there is a point to that. All I can think of is that it's something hormonal due to the yoyo type effect. Some years are better than others. The current psychiatrist is also recommending antidepressants even though I rarely feel sad.

I don't usually open up online. This is likely the first time I've ever shared anything like this. I'm posting this because I feel I have exhausted every avenue that I know of. This board has the highest quality members of any which is why it's being posted here vs elsewhere.

Slic.

Out of curiosity what does your Hemoglobin look like?

Lucky

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Have to work on the source. Orexin is the "wakefulness" neuropeptide. Look up how Orexin can be inhibited through foods, lifestyle, etc. ONE reason why many on low-carb diets feel more awake and better concentration (once you get through the initial difficulty).

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
To clarify: You want to RAISE orexin levels. Low levels is what makes you tired which again can be affected by a myriad of causes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic