Latest Member
Dexbasically
What's New?

Chronic Tiredness

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Idiopathic hypersomnia, has this been looked into, Slic?...It's usually not caught....Also, it doesn't have any biological markers, I believe...Makes it hard to diagnose....Still researching....

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Idiopathic hypersomnia, has this been looked into, Slic?...It's usually not caught....Also, it doesn't have any biological markers, I believe...Makes it hard to diagnose....Still researching....

I had a sleep study done and they claimed that everything was normal. Getting an endocrinologist or a primary care doctor to run the labs hasn't happened. I could ask for another sleep study at a different facility. Do you think there is a point to that?

Slic.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I had a sleep study done and they claimed that everything was normal. Getting an endocrinologist or a primary care doctor to run the labs hasn't happened. I could ask for another sleep study at a different facility. Do you think there is a point to that?

Slic.

Slic, keep in mind, I'm just doing research on your behalf, brah....In other words, I don't know what the "best" option is....Take a look at that version of sleep disorder and see if it matches your scenario...When I read up on it, it did seem to have a lot of your mentioned symptoms....What caught my attention was the fact that it is hard to diagnose and they miss it regularly....Also the other factor that stood out was the issue of it not throwing any bio markers and this disorder starts in people when they are young.....Again, research it and see if those symptoms are what u have....

But yeah, I would personally request that someone do a more in-depth study on u....No doubt about it....However, if it is this particular disorder, from what I read, there is no cure per say....All they will do is prescribe what u are already being scripted....I'm still looking at other research and wish u the best, brah....Keep us informed!....

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I'm checking out the hospitals this week. Thanks @JackD for the suggestions. @BackAtIt I'm reading up on it tonight. I'm really hopeful I will find someone competent that can help figure it out.

Slic.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Keep me updated! Best of luck!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
This issue has been going on since I was a child. It's why they put me on prescription amphetamines. Getting a script for adderall is incredibly easy. I believe there is 3 different tests for thyroid and 2 for testosterone. TSH, T3, T4 for thyroid and total test, free test for testosterone. I have zero chance of my primary care doctor doing anything whatsoever. My doctors just pass the buck and won't do shit to help.

Slic.
Find a new doctor.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk