Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Chronic Hiccups?

G

guinessforstrength

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I experienced the same thing. It'll start from running pretty much any oral besides adrol. Also tren brings it on. The last time I had it for almost a year straight, about 3 sometimes 4 days a week for months and months, combined with heartburn. Kept me up all night. The last one didn't stop even after I was off everything for some time. Then I stopped drinking energy drinks and bam it stopped. Once in a blue moon I'll get them and activating the Vega nerve stops it. (Gagging yourself lol). Sucks but after a couple of times it stops it

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I came down with chronic hiccups after my last shoulder surgery. Doctor said it was a common side effect caused from the anesthesia. It lasted for two weeks before it went away on its own. I really empathize with all of you having to deal with this on a long term basis.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Few things come to mind, what’s your sugar intake like? Do you have any anxiety?

Have you tried any meditation and breathing exercises daily?
Thanks for the good ideas. I don't eat much sugar, but when I do it worsens the hiccups. Fatty things almost always calm them, at least for a little while. Anxiety? What's that??? Yes, definitely. I got early results with deep breathing with my hands over my head as suggested by Jack D. Those still can help if I catch the hiccups early on, before they set in. Once they set in nothing seems to help except muscle relaxers....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I experienced the same thing. It'll start from running pretty much any oral besides adrol. Also tren brings it on. The last time I had it for almost a year straight, about 3 sometimes 4 days a week for months and months, combined with heartburn. Kept me up all night. The last one didn't stop even after I was off everything for some time. Then I stopped drinking energy drinks and bam it stopped. Once in a blue moon I'll get them and activating the Vega nerve stops it. (Gagging yourself lol). Sucks but after a couple of times it stops it

This is pretty much along the lines of what I am experiencing. Thus I am looking for a substitute to tren for my strength training. Deca definitely causes similar symptoms . . .

G

guinessforstrength

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I'm about to give deca a run after not running it in a long time, never noticed hiccups from deca before so after reading this I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for the good ideas. I don't eat much sugar, but when I do it worsens the hiccups. Fatty things almost always calm them, at least for a little while. Anxiety? What's that??? Yes, definitely. I got early results with deep breathing with my hands over my head as suggested by Jack D. Those still can help if I catch the hiccups early on, before they set in. Once they set in nothing seems to help except muscle relaxers....

I’ll have to find out the medication my dad was prescribed for hiccups.... I tried it once. I was in crippling pain from how bad they were, but it stopped them and I had no side effects.

If I get them now, or feel them coming on, I drink a lot of water immediately and that knocks it out.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
He couldn’t find the bottle, but For hiccups it’s Chlorpromazine

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic