Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Chronic Hiccups?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Has anyone else on TID experienced chronic hiccups?

I have had hiccups for an average of two days per week for the past two years. They got so bad I started taking muscle relaxers, which help, but the side effect is general loss of strength in my lifts.

I have experimented with taking breaks from everything (diet drinks, over the counter supplements, different foods, etc. etc.) except low dose test, and nothing has given me relief.

My latest idea is that they could be due to using ethyl oleate as the oil base for my test and tren. No one I have talked with thinks it is the testosterone I am taking.

They get so bad that I am breathing in stomach acid while sleeping, which gives me a chronic cough. Luckily this is rare. But often, when the hiccups get going, I have really bad acid reflux (something I have had for years).

Another idea I have is that they may be related to acid reflux.

My doctor suggested it could possibly be caused by scarring of my diaphragm where it touches my liver because I had Hepatitis B when I was a youth visiting Brazil. Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for a cat scan:( Another doctor suggested possibly a stroke or minor heart attack could have caused the condition.

Apparently there are thousands of possible causes of chronic hiccups.

If I can get rid of them I hope to regain my strength and win another national strongman competition...

In the meantime I have switched to bodybuilding to shed some bodyfat and do some growing. At least I have a chance of excelling at that while I have hiccups.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have gotten them when running certain compounds. Might have been Var (cant remember exactly) What I have found really aggravates it is eating a surplus of cals daily. When overeating, I get hiccups almost every night regardless of what I might be taking.

Tren even at lower doses seems to give me heart burn almost every night. I wake up to pee sometime in the night and grab a couple tums. It is almost without fail anytime I have ever run TA or TE. That too can aggravate hiccups.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Baclofen was the only thing that worked for me. Tren is the cause.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have gotten them when running certain compounds. Might have been Var (cant remember exactly) What I have found really aggravates it is eating a surplus of cals daily. When overeating, I get hiccups almost every night regardless of what I might be taking.

Tren even at lower doses seems to give me heart burn almost every night. I wake up to pee sometime in the night and grab a couple tums. It is almost without fail anytime I have ever run TA or TE. That too can aggravate hiccups.

Thanks for this. I have figured it is probably the tren. Some other compounds like Var and Halo also seem to have aggravated them.

Definitely when I am eating large meals they are worse than when I eat smaller meals. All of this gives me some ideas to experiment with.

So instead of tren, what compounds to you guys run with test for strength?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Baclofen was the only thing that worked for me. Tren is the cause.

I had been using cyclobenzaprine but it was so strong I could only use it at night. My doctor had me try baclofen, but it was too weak and my hiccups got worse. This past week I switched back to cyclobenzaprine and my hiccups are a lot better at the moment.

Thanks for your reply bud.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Try some trest you get the same results as tren. Without the sides. Let me know if you need help finding it.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
10 minutes of watching Hannity usually cures hiccups.....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Try some trest you get the same results as tren. Without the sides. Let me know if you need help finding it.
Never heard of trest. What is it?

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
,(Ment) Google it amazing steroid. Just make sure to take your AI

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Raise your hands over your head and take a deep breath in and hold it as long as you can. It's been working for me for over 20 years without one failure. A guy named Rick told me so I call them Rick-ups.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
this scares the fuck out of me. They still dont really understand chronic hicup disorder.
I read it's a physiological thing more then a physical thing. Like stress and such related. I guess the thought is its related to OCD in some way.
supposedly it can happen to anyone and once you have it it can get to the point of driving you nearly mad.

scary shit

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Few things come to mind, what’s your sugar intake like? Do you have any anxiety?

Have you tried any meditation and breathing exercises daily?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic