Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

ChrisLindsay9's Journal - "Lightweight Strong"

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Hey, I can finally access the forums! Sorry for the lengthy absence, but I just couldn't get the site to load on my computer no matter what browser I was using (tried clearing out cookies, cache, etc.). My Tapatalk app is buggin' out too. I thought maybe I got banned or something. :/

<><>

Training hasn't been all that great for a variety of reasons, but at least I can hang my hat on my squat looking promising. After three underwhelming weeks of squat training, I finally had a day where the weight moved well.

This vid below is from Sunday's training, my top three sets (300x5, 310x5, ... 325x 3 good reps, 3 iffy reps).

I'm just under five weeks out, and I am trying to get a sense of what my lift attempts might be because my squat was sucking so bad that I thought I might switch to a push/pull.

Last edited:
TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
I've been stalking you.

Still impressed and can't wait to see results.

I must admit though, being your friend I am very concerned about the frequency of your competing. I know that you're an adult and can make your own decisions and I'm not your mother but still…

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Your squats are within range, and you still have plenty of time, Chris. Stay the course. You're gonna do great...again.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I must admit though, being your friend I am very concerned about the frequency of your competing. I know that you're an adult and can make your own decisions and I'm not your mother but still…
I appreciate it. Yeah, just two more meets (August 20 and early October). I just want to push my submaster records a smidge higher in the UPA and APF feds before I hit the Masters I division in December.

I'm not gonna kill myself trying to do it, but I really do want to maximize what progress I've made on my squat because it's pretty competitive with even the 132ers, especially since it's belt-only.

<><><>

I didn't bench on Tuesday. I've decided not to peak my bench training since I don't want a set back on my shoulder injury that could affect my squat and deadlift. I'll test it each week, but unless anything changes and I can start benching with no discomfort, I'll probably just hit a conservative bench opener and pass on the second two attempts at my meet so that I can focus on PR-ing my squat and deadlift.

Last night, I deadlifted some....

DEADLIFT.
...365x2
...405x3 *respectable, but weaker than I hoped*
...420x2 +1 more rep with some hitching.
...385x3 x2 sets.
DB ROWS.
...45x15 x3 sets.
GHRs
...BWx8 x3 sets.
DB SHRUGS.
...75lb each x15 x3 sets.
30 SECOND WEIGHTED PLANKS.
...2 Plates.
...3 Plates.
...3 Plates + Quarter.
COOL-DOWN.
...Adductors/Abductors, Back Extensions, Bird Dog, Hammy/Knee/TFL/Elbow/Wrist Rolling.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
it's like you get faster off the floor the heavier the weight....wth man?!!??!!!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Legs were still feeling it from last week's squats and pulls, but I worked up to my probable squat opener of 345 last night. The hammies were uncharacteristically tight, so it caused me to roll a bit coming out of the hole. But the weight still felt and moved like it should for an opener.

Less than four weeks out (08/20).

SQUAT.
...325x1.
...345x1 (probable opener).
...285x3 x4 sets.
1.5" DEFICIT DEADLIFT.
...365x1.
...385x1.
...400x1.
HACK SQUAT MACH.
...90perSide x10 x5 sets.
GHR.
...3 sets of 5.
SEATED CALF RAISES.
...135x8 x3 sets.
20 SECOND WEIGHTED PLANKS.
...2 Plates.
...2 1/2 Plates.
...3 Plates.
COOL-DOWN.
...Adductors/Abductors, Back Extensions, Bird Dog, Hammy/Knee/TFL/Elbow/Wrist Rolling.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
I can't remember what your last squat opener was, can you please remind me? I feel like it was significantly less than 345. You're going to absolutely crush mother fuckers.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
You're doing phenomenal Chris. I do agee with TA, I've talked to a few guys that compete pretty often they are always beat up. Its extremely taxing on the body. But as long as you are being smart with your training and staying healthy I guess no one can really say anything. You are going to crush those records man.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I can't remember what your last squat opener was, can you please remind me? I feel like it was significantly less than 345.
At AAPF Nationals, I opened with 315 but that was pretty conservative. I probably would have opened at 325. So it's a little heavier this time around.

Deadlift: Last Thursday, I pulled a probable opener of 435 on deadlift but I wasn't happy with the lockout. So I think I'm going to open more conservatively at 425 and try to hit a 455 PR on my second attempt.

Squat: Yesterday, I wanted to try and hit a probably second squat attempt at around 360-365, but I was on my feet all day Saturday and my hamstrings were not recovered. So I worked up to a 325 squat for a single as a test to see if I could go up. If it felt like I could have gotten 3, I would have gone up.

But it didn't, so I didn't.

Instead, I fatigue dropp'd to four sets of 260x6 (70%) which were fun.

Bodyweight is holding around 129.5-130.5.

I do agee with TA, I've talked to a few guys that compete pretty often - they are always beat up. Its extremely taxing on the body.
I'm going to take you and T's precaution to heart. I decided this weekend that this upcoming meet in less than three weeks will be my last full power meet this year. I'm going to do a DL only meet in October instead of a full power meet so that I can still compete with my team over the two-day competition, but I'd do it the day before the full power meet and that way I can coach/handle all the folks I know who are lifting the next day.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
As I've said before, love the way you think, Chris. Since I've been following your training, you've always had a sane plan that yields outstanding results. This time will be no different.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
At AAPF Nationals, I opened with 315 but that was pretty conservative. I probably would have opened at 325. So it's a little heavier this time around.

Deadlift: Last Thursday, I pulled a probable opener of 435 on deadlift but I wasn't happy with the lockout. So I think I'm going to open more conservatively at 425 and try to hit a 455 PR on my second attempt.

Squat: Yesterday, I wanted to try and hit a probably second squat attempt at around 360-365, but I was on my feet all day Saturday and my hamstrings were not recovered. So I worked up to a 325 squat for a single as a test to see if I could go up. If it felt like I could have gotten 3, I would have gone up.

But it didn't, so I didn't.

Instead, I fatigue dropp'd to four sets of 260x6 (70%) which were fun.

Bodyweight is holding around 129.5-130.5.

I'm going to take you and T's precaution to heart. I decided this weekend that this upcoming meet in less than three weeks will be my last full power meet this year. I'm going to do a DL only meet in October instead of a full power meet so that I can still compete with my team over the two-day competition, but I'd do it the day before the full power meet and that way I can coach/handle all the folks I know who are lifting the next day.

That 325 moved pretty well chris, You're competing without knee sleeves or wraps correct?

Glad to hear that man, I would hate to see you get hurt because you didn't give your body enough time to recover from one meet to another. Way to play it smart. It will only help you in the long run when you're smashing records and everyone else is trying to catch up lol

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Training balls up as usual Chris, good luck for your meet. Rooting for you to do well, look forward to checking in on the lead up to it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic