Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

ChrisLindsay9's Journal - "Lightweight Strong"

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Solid press day cl. How much do the wrist wraps play into it? Ive never worn a set so i have no idea how much/what they help with. Havent felt weak in the wrists ever to thinkni may need them. im sure im missing something thats why i ask
I have a belief that if one is interested in competing in powerlifting then see what the best lifters are doing at your meets and replicate (or at least try it out). Almost all the best lifters at the meets I've been to wear wrist wraps and belt when they bench. And yeah, it stinks getting use to them, but if you give it a training cycle or two, then you realize how much it benefits your competition lift.

The wrist wraps I was wearing for the past year as compared to not wearing anything at all felt like a difference of maybe 2.5-5lbs (depending on other factors). Beneficial in that it probably gave me an extra rep in volume work on occasion and added a nickel plate worth to my singles/doubles.

The Titan wrist wraps felt like the weight was 5-10lbs lighter (seriously). I actually felt like I undershot the RPE a bit until the last few sets where I hit the wall pretty fast (likely due to outside-the-gym factors). I kinda feel like an idiot having kept those Titans in my bag for months because I didn't feel like breaking them in during my meet-prep for AAPF/APF Nationals.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
You know better....you do better.

And you're doing marvelous.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
I'm gonna have to get me some wrist wraps.
Very insightful chris. Seems like you analyze lifting really closely which is awesome. Must be how u pull 3x ur bodyweight haha

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
DEADLIFT.
...375x5 x5 sets (vid of set 2, 5).
LOW ROW MACHINE.
...6 sets of 10 at 60lb per side.
CHEST SUPPORTED ROWS.
...6 sets of 8 at 105lb.
DB ROWS.
...6 sets of 20 per arm at 25, then 30lb.
COOL-DOWN.
...Back Extensions, Bird Dog.

I ripped open a small callus on the second rep of that fifth set, hence the crap lockout.

After deadlifts, I improvised to some upper back hypertrophy work at RPE 7-8.

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Deloading this week, I've got a few nagging things going on that I want to get addressed before doing my next wave of Bully Yoga. Nothing serious, or otherwise, I'd talk to PoB. Stuff I know how to address, but haven't. I'm seeing my massage therapist neighbor tonight who will check me out. I do have a knot in my right rear delt/trap that I've not been able to fully take out, and my left TFL needs a bit more love with the lacrosse ball,;as well as fighting off some bad allergy/sinus crap from the Cottonwood trees in my neighborhood.

So, I'm going to taper back a bit and maybe ramp it up by the end of this week.

And this week will also give me a chance to dabble in some equipped lifting! Haha ... Well, I'm not planning on training seriously in equipped lifting until at least 2017, but I do want to check it out and possibly do a meet as single-ply (sorry Tenacious T).

So, a lifting acquaintance guy loaned me a single-ply suit indefinitely, and I did some squats in it yesterday. My form sucked, and I realize now that I should learn to single-ply squat off of a box so I can go wider in my stance and sit back more. I'm going to try to squat again on Thursday and maybe do some deadlifting in it as well (it's actually a DL suit). I'll keep any practice in suits to deload or taper weeks that are not close to any meet. So this week will probably be it until after my meet in August.

<><><>

Basically my deload looked like this:

Squat

200x2 x6 sets
200x2 x4 sets in single-ply

Hack Squat
6 sets of 10 (RPE 7)

GHRs
6 sets of 6 (RPE 7)

Calf Raises
5 sets of 10 (RPE 7-8)

P.S. I'm still a raw lifter, dammit!

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
I've never competed in gear, but I do have a Titan bench press shirt and Metal deadlift suit that I play around with once in a while. I think you'll find having to pull the bar down to your chest and pull yourself down to the bar, being spring loaded, and lifting a shit-ton more than you can raw, are a hoot and a half.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you don't break 500 in that dl suit I will be so disappointed.

And yeah def need to tweak the squat form. That was funny to watch.

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Good prep chris. Sure ur gonna kill your next meet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic