RalfKelleh
What's New?

Chris Lindsay's Log "In Pursuit of 900!"

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Seriously man, jacked!!

I think we should get him some band aids for all those cuts!!

Ha, I get it. But, yeah, I do agree you are definitely getting to where you have real good definition in those muscles. BF below 10%?

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Squat opener is confirmed...as long as I keep my back tight. It's a noticeable difference when I can get my lats and shoulders tight. My weight feels lighter, the form is better. I'd like to think the adrenalin will help me in this department. I even loaded up the bar with the weight of my expected second lift attempt (which would be a decent PR), and it felt light-ish. At least I know that if I don't hit the second lift, it'll because of my legs and not my brain.

So, I'm gonna hit the shoulders at about 90% tomorrow evening, and get one more intense ab session in, and then start tapering off (Sunday - bodyweight day, and Monday - deload/speed squat, bench, deadlift).

Bodyweight is just over 124. If I was weighing in early, I could probably drop it to 118-119 with a modest water cut, but it looks like I might be weighing in the day of the meet. Although if I can get out of work early enough, and traffic isn't too much of a problem, I'll try to bust down and get my weigh-in done on the evening before the meet.

This will probably be my last lifting-related post until a week from tomorrow (competition eve), when I list my openers. I'll check in on all of your logs though. I want to feed off all your effort. :)
Nice work dude!

Weighted planks are rough!

Congrats on being orange !!
Thanks! And thanks everyone for the comments. Yeah, I was never a fan of planks until I started having someone put plates on my back. Now I feel my abs crushing each other trying to keep the weight up. I'd like to think it'll carry over well with my squats (and maybe deadlifts).

Daniel, I think my bf% is probably around 13-14%. I had it checked awhile back when I was at this weight, and it came in at just over 14%. Since I'm not training to build size, I would guess it's not changed much.

Last edited:
D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Yep, continues to look like you are totally ready for this meet. You are looking good, Chris!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Just about ready to head out to get some food, then go to the hotel near the meet site.

I mentioned before, that I'm going a bit more aggressive on my openers, but I'm 100% confident that I'll get them. My goal was to hit 900 pounds and so I'm starting off with that total.

Squat - 315 (did this for two reps, once)
Bench Press - 175 (did this for two reps, once - paused)
Deadlift - 410 (did this for only one rep, but a few times, I held on to it for a good 3-5 seconds)

Weighed in at 120lbs

If I hit my second attempts, then the range would be somewhere from 935-950. And that's my goal for this competition. I'm going to go for a 430 deadlift pull on my second attempt, which would be 3 1/2 times bodyweight. If I can have just one lift from this competition, it's that one.

I'll let you know how it goes! Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome Chris!

You'll do great man!

Can't wait to hear more info.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Chris you are incredible! I am revved up for this and supporting you. Hit it hard brother and tear it up!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Damn Bro!! That was Euphoric all that cheering and yelling for you! Great work!

Looking for your new log.

Congrats bro!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Chris. That is amazing news. And I can't believe you just went for it on the deadlift and got it like you did. That was well played buddy.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
That was a great write up Chris!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic