Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

China trade war

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Something needs to be done about the large-scale blatant copyright infringement that goes on over there, too. And the administration wishes to deal with that as well.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
They create too many goods we need and use, goods that cant be created here.....

agree we used to be a manufacturing and producing economy now we’re just a service economy that consumes. we also used to be the world’s biggest creditor nation now we are worlds most debtor nation. all we do is consume on credit and don’t produce jack shit anymore.

the 1950s and 60s were the best years of America after that it’s been downhill ever since.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I think this is all just card playing anyway. There will just be negotiations and agreements.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
You're going to feel it soon. My casing cost for new wells has increased 25% in the last month.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
To Dump Trump it is...China dont play games, they again will crush us in this war.....And then in November when the power shifts from right to left Dump Trump will be non exixtant and Government will stall.....This is a complete mess started by one big dummy....

I think this is all just card playing anyway. There will just be negotiations and agreements.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
To Dump Trump it is...China dont play games, they again will crush us in this war.....And then in November when the power shifts from right to left Dump Trump will be non exixtant and Government will stall.....This is a complete mess started by one big dummy....
China had the fastest growing economy in the world, but its still minuscule compared to the USA. Its not even one of our main trading partners. Lets not overreact.

I'm in the steel industry. I have my ear to the railroad track.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
China’s top 10 imports account for nearly three-quarters (73.7%) of the overall value of its product purchases from other countries.

Chinese imports represent 9.6% of total global imports which totaled $16.473 trillion
now they export alot but they are not even in the top 10 fastest growing economy

keep an eye on India

after my few times bumping thru china i will say this---its very very very sad outside the main cities----if a civil war happen there it would be bad---very bad
they remind me of old history of the USSR

i saw somewhere where the avg family income is 12K

they clone stuff like crazy too

look up bmw vs Ceo
clone of x5

lawd the ceo is such a cheap car---not in looks but quality----damn thing rusts in two in a year

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Something needs to be done about the large-scale blatant copyright infringement that goes on over there, too. And the administration wishes to deal with that as well.

Agreed.

Another thing about China is that they like to cook their books. I learned many years ago to be very careful investing in anything Chinese. 7% GDP growth may really be 3%. A $13 trillion economy might barely be $5 trillion.

The private sector is both under-regulated (very poor quality controls, fraud, etc) and subject to the whims of the communist government. I've had investments in companies (not particularly large investments, thankfully) that looked phenomenal on paper go bankrupt (cooking the books), and the government can come in and take over any company they want to whenever they want to - there is really no so such thing as private property in China.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've also heard that they have a real estate bubble in several of the large cities, and the banks that have financed all the overheated construction are terribly exposed. And because they don't accurately reflect that risk on their books, their exposure is significant and pretty much unknown (that is, until it hits the fan...)

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Agreed.

Another thing about China is that they like to cook their books. I learned many years ago to be very careful investing in anything Chinese. 7% GDP growth may really be 3%. A $13 trillion economy might barely be $5 trillion.

The private sector is both under-regulated (very poor quality controls, fraud, etc) and subject to the whims of the communist government. I've had investments in companies (not particularly large investments, thankfully) that looked phenomenal on paper go bankrupt (cooking the books), and the government can come in and take over any company they want to whenever they want to - there is really no so such thing as private property in China.

There’s really no such thing as “private property” in the US either. Skip on property extortion (“tax”) and see. There are myriads of other various arbitrary laws that can (and do) subject so called “private property” to govt theft as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic