What's New?

Chicken Crust Pizza

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Giving this a go tonight, sounds interesting:

A pizza crust made out of ground chicken! A low carb pizza crust that is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients and ready in about 30 minutes.

Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins

Course: dinner, lunch
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: gluten free, ground chicken recipe, low carb pizza crust, recipe for pizza crust

Servings: 2

Calories: 408kcal

Author: Jennifer Banz

Ingredients
  • 1 Pound Ground Chicken
  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Your favorite pizza toppings
Instructions
  • Pre-heat the oven to 400F
  • Add the ground chicken, cheese, italian seasoning and salt to a bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
  • Dump the mixture on a piece of parchment paper and spread into a pizza shape about 1/2 inch thick.
  • Place the pizza crust and the parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet snd bake for 20 minutes
  • Remove from the oven and add your favorite pizza toppings. I added pizza sauce and more cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
  • Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Slice and serve.
Notes
For just the pizza crust (1 serving): 408 calories / 25g fat / 1g carbs / 46g protein
  • For freezing instructions, see note above the recipe card
Nutrition
Calories: 408kcal

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I can't, I'm threw it in the over and jumped on a conference call. Hope the wife left me some.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
This actually sounds good, I would try it... thanks for the share

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
It was ok, the chicken definitely needed something else in it, was thinking maybe crushed garlic or maybe buffalo sauce to make a buffalo bleu cheese pizza. It wasn't bad, very meatastic but just needed something else in the ground chicken.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
It was ok, the chicken definitely needed something else in it, was thinking maybe crushed garlic or maybe buffalo sauce to make a buffalo bleu cheese pizza. It wasn't bad, very meatastic but just needed something else in the ground chicken.
Yeah...flour :p

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
I used to make these when I followed a keto diet and would use the canned chicken for the crust..... it came out alright a bit salty but man when you are doing really low carbs this pizza is a life saver. I switched to ground chicken and would use minced garlic spread it on the crust once I baked the crust and that made it really good.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Why not just buy a Screamin’ Sicilian instead?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Cauliflower crust wouldn’t be bad for this recipe. It’s a little thin however it works.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Cauliflower crust wouldn’t be bad for this recipe. It’s a little thin however it works.
Store bought cauliflower crust is good. I tried making it from scratch, there is soo much water to drain it makes it really hard to get a solid foundation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic