Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Chest and back together?

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
What are your thoughts on training chest and back together in the same day? Personally, I did it and I am quiet impressed with the results!

I did this:

A1) Incline bench presses
A2) Wide Grip Pull-ups

B1) Flat bench barbell presses
B2) Alternate, behind the back and to the chest wide grip pull-downs

C1) Incline dumbbell flyes
C2) Barbell rows with shoulder wide underhand grip

D1) Bodyweight dips
D2) Close grip cable rows

I did 5-6 sets on each exercise and reps ranged mostly from 4-20 (pyramid)

For me it's high volume that works the best but i think anyone can plan a workout according to his own needs.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Looks like this message was "buried", bump!

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Hey Bro i have thought about doing this my self, I know alot of BBS an POwe lifters do this and helps add to there max bench and overall build, It would be exhausting though......

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hey Rein,

I tried training back and chest together, once before, but it's just no good, and way to much in one day. My workouts are already intense, and there is no way I end up with enough energy to knock out both of those large muscle groups in one shot in an hour. While it might work for you. I still find the best method is training 1 body part every week, then each has ample time to heal. Then I can flood my body with nutrients as well.

What are your thoughts on training chest and back together in the same day? Personally, I did it and I am quiet impressed with the results!

I did this:

A1) Incline bench presses
A2) Wide Grip Pull-ups

B1) Flat bench barbell presses
B2) Alternate, behind the back and to the chest wide grip pull-downs

C1) Incline dumbbell flyes
C2) Barbell rows with shoulder wide underhand grip

D1) Bodyweight dips
D2) Close grip cable rows

I did 5-6 sets on each exercise and reps ranged mostly from 4-20 (pyramid)

For me it's high volume that works the best but i think anyone can plan a workout according to his own needs.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
Have you tried DC training. you train chest and back together, just lower volume, more often...

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
never done it glad it works for you bro

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I'm with TH...move a lotta iron on those two days. I don't think I could combine the two and be productive.

Nsupps

Nsupps

Sep 29, 2010
I do upper body days and lower body days so I do back and Chest together and I've had really good gains. I tried the one body part a day routine before and it didn't work for me. Everyone is different though.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I've had pretty good success with upper and lower days as well.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
My CNS gets hammered if I do that. I cant imagine doing it other than once in a GREAT while...

E

eddieg

Dec 20, 2010
back and chest same day...no thanks. Each of those particular body parts deserves it's very own special day in my books

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic