Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Checking my form on Deadlift, and low-bar/high-bar squat

AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

Dec 16, 2015
hey guys, asking for comments and suggestions for my form on these exercises, I think overall the form is pretty good- but can always be better. I also realize the weights may be too low to really check form well, but it's what I've got now on hand.

Deadlift:

meipai. com/media/450624476

High-bar Squat:

meipai. com/media/450627480

Low-bar Squat:

meipai. com/media/450628572

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
On the DL - take your shoes off, get the bar off the rack and on the floor. You need to perform what is called a couch stretch and bulgarian split squats as an assistance exercise. Look at your lock out. Your body looks like this > as your hips aren't pushing into the bar. That's not actually locked out because the front of your hips are tight.

Your high bar squat isn't actually high bar. You are still carrying it low, but higher than your low bar set up.

On your low bar squat, stop sticking your head out when you unrack the bar. Give yourself a double chin and don't move your head. Your first motion is to throw the knees forward. You need to push out on the side of your feet, push the knees out, ass back, then down into the hole.

Also just in general form critiques are useless with weights this light. If you want actual feedback post something with around 85 to 90% of your 1RM.

AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

Dec 16, 2015
The deadlift, I think I didn't really focus on locking out (unfortunately) because I slack off a bit when it's for reps.

Next time I'll post something with higher weight. Much appreciated.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic