Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Charles Barkley Speaks

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

“I think most white people and black people are great people — I really believe that in my heart,” Barkley said. “But I think our system is set up for our politicians, whether they are Republicans or Democrats, to make us not like each other and so they can keep their grasp of money and power.

“[Politicians] divide and conquer. I truly believe in my heart that most white people and black people are awesome people, but we are so stupid following our politicians — whether they are Republicans or Democrats.”

"We don’t live in their neighborhoods,” said. “Let’s make whites and blacks not like each other. Let’s make the rich and poor not like each other. Let’s scramble the middle class.

“I truly believe that in my heart,”

When are Americans going to wake up and see who the enemy of the people really are?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Hard to say whether politicians are more to blame or whether the media which enables them to create a marketable product is.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Charles is right. Hope people listen.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Hard to say whether politicians are more to blame or whether the media which enables them to create a marketable product is.
Both really.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
IMHO, the media is just propaganda tool of the politicians.

You nailed it, Bigtex! Newspapers and television are more left leaning while radio is still more conservative. Remember when the Dixie Chicks talked shit about Bush? Radio stations wiped them from the earth by refusing to play their music. Essentially ruining their careers. Media is a powerful tool aka propaganda.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Newspapers and television are more left leaning while radio is still more conservative.
You haven't listened to NPR, have you. Unfortunately many people do.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
You haven't listened to NPR, have you. Unfortunately many people do.
While one would consider me a conservative, I don't listen or watch much of the radical outlets. NPR or CNN come to mind. Hell, I tend not to watch very little news in general. There's always an angle.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
While one would consider me a conservative, I don't listen or watch much of the radical outlets. NPR or CNN come to mind. Hell, I tend not to watch very little news in general. There's always an angle.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Both really.

Thank you. I think my earlier post might have been misunderstood a little cause I expressed it badly. The politicians AND the media profit from each other.

Politicians need exposure to get elected, re-elected, and to get the power and/or money they covet.

The media, in any form, is a business. It needs money, ratings, clicks, whatever, to keep doing business. As a business, it needs to identify who its niche market is to keep doing business, then try to build that business. There is a percentage of the public who frequents the media that tells them what they want to hear, whether it be "Left," or "Right."

Politicians and the media feed off each other. CNN, for example, builds its customer base by telling them what they want to hear, Fox does the same with its base, and so on through most tv, newspaper, radio, blogs, FB groups, whatever. CNN, Fox, and others give some politicians favorable exposure, the opposite to others, depending on the media's business model. Politicians who seem aligned to one media outlet or another know this, know their own base, and grant interviews or whatever else they need to do to encourage the politician-media relationship that will help them.

There are very few un-biased people around, myself included. Most of us already have formed our own opinions on Blacks, Whites, LGBT, QAnon, masks, George Floyd, vaccines,BLM, the middle east, taxes, the border, you-name-it.

The media knows this, we are all being played by all but any few media that are pure-journalism and unbiased themselves ... and the politicians plug into that. The only way to defeat this is for each of us, myself included, to stop seeing the media that reinforces what we already think we know as a source of truth ... and entertainment.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic