Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Charles Barkley Speaks

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I don't know if its part of our "Maury Povich" "Hard Copy" "Geraldo" culture where the so-called media aims for sensationalism to draw in ratings, or what. But whatever it is, it sucks because no one just gets the plain facts. You turn on the "news" and you are getting spin.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I don't know if its part of our "Maury Povich" "Hard Copy" "Geraldo" culture where the so-called media aims for sensationalism to draw in ratings, or what. But whatever it is, it sucks because no one just gets the plain facts. You turn on the "news" and you are getting spin.

One of Geraldo's best minutes.......he got clocked with a chair.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Yep he nailed it and everyone with half a brain knows it. But the media programming is too strong ever change anything. Elon Musk believes we're all programs anyways and the entire universe is just a simulation.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I've always likes Barkley even when he said stupid shit. Because his heart is in the right place and he's not a racist. He speaks the truth without worrying about political correctness ... even before we called it that. Props to him I'll always be a fan.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I've always likes Barkley even when he said stupid shit. Because his heart is in the right place and he's not a racist. He speaks the truth without worrying about political correctness ... even before we called it that. Props to him I'll always be a fan.

He is very matter of fact. I like to call them "hard truths." Many don't like to hear it, or are easily offended. As for the media, they seem to be protected in a very broad way by their first amendment rights. I haven't heard of any media outlet being sued for how they report or what they write about. Until you start seeing companies have to pay out money for their sensationalistic articles and news feeds, it will continue. Sadly, anymore, facts are considered more subjective and it allows people to pretty much print what they want or at minimum skew an article to perpetuate their motives or views. Hence why many any more call the news, propaganda.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Yes.... Charles is a good guy and we are all 1.

We are on a race to Mars and too bad we couldn't spend all that money to fix the issues here first......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic