Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Chad Wesley Smith 2248 Raw Total!

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Juggernault Training's very own Chad Wesley Smith showed some very impressive lifts at Supertraining! He popped a 937 pound squat, pressed a 540 bench and then finished the day with a 771 pound deadlift to give him the 15th highest raw total of all time!
Check out his Squat, Bench and Dead lift footage:

Last edited:
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Some huge lifts. Guy is strong as hell. Looks like he has more in his bench and dead easily. Did I see bands on wen he was squatting? Is that something for safety in competition? I've never seen it before

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
That is nuts.

And yes, IS, those straps are for safety.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Some huge lifts. Guy is strong as hell. Looks like he has more in his bench and dead easily. Did I see bands on wen he was squatting? Is that something for safety in competition? I've never seen it before

Those aren't bands. They are Spud Inc. safety straps. Many of us use those straps.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Not bands, they are straps. Spud Inc. Makes a good set. If you miss the lift and the spotters are no help which unfortunately happens the straps stop you from getting stapled. They are required to be used in my fed. Gene Rychlak will tell you during rules if you don't want the straps when you squat then you can leave.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Not bands, they are straps. Spud Inc. Makes a good set. If you miss the lift and the spotters are no help which unfortunately happens the straps stop you from getting stapled. They are required to be used in my fed. Gene Rychlak will tell you during rules if you don't want the straps when you squat then you can leave.

That's pretty cool. Have you ever seen them do what they are made for in your experience at competitions? They sound great

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
That's pretty cool. Have you ever seen them do what they are made for in your experience at competitions? They sound great

Sorry, what I meant by that was have you ever seen someone miss the lift and the straps do their job?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Thank god for them. The first time I attempted a 600lb squat I missed. Chest caved and I would have been stapled to the floor. I had two side spots and a back spot. One of the side spotters just stood there. Didn't even move. The straps caught the bar. Then I chased the little ****er through the gym and out into the parking lot where I choked his ass up against a car and warned him never to spot anyone in the gym again.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thank god for them. The first time I attempted a 600lb squat I missed. Chest caved and I would have been stapled to the floor. I had two side spots and a back spot. One of the side spotters just stood there. Didn't even move. The straps caught the bar. Then I chased the little ****er through the gym and out into the parking lot where I choked his ass up against a car and warned him never to spot anyone in the gym again.

Wow man that's nuts. I'm glad you were using them. And good for you for chasing that fool down, what a squid. How anyone's instinct would allow them to just stand there is beyond comprehension to me. I learned something today, good shit.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Gotcha, that's my first time seeing them.

They're $80 and they're worth their weight in gold. If you squat in a cage I suggest you buy a pair for yourself. I always use them when I squat.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
They're $80 and they're worth their weight in gold. If you squat in a cage I suggest you buy a pair for yourself. I always use them when I squat.

Will definitely take that into consideration when I start squatting heavier again. Will they work in an old school rack? That's all my gym has

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic